• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

If you haven’t seen Lost In Vegas’ vids on YouTube they’re awesome. Two black guys give their honest reaction to new (to them) music from various genres. They’re hip hop guys learning about rock/metal...but haven’t done a reaction vid to Rush.

I ask anyone that gives a fück to either send them a tweet to: @lostinvegas83 or leave a recommendation on their YouTube page: https://m.youtube.co...DxZZxPWFgeE50hQ to do a vid of a rush song. I’d say Tom Sawyer would be a good place for them to start.

They’ve been getting swamped by metal heads recommending bands like Slayer and Meshuggah but I think they need to hear the good stuff.

Sponsored Post

#2 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 16019 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

http://www.therushfo...ed-be-thy-name/

#3 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3853 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:54 AM

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 16 November 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

If you haven’t seen Lost In Vegas’ vids on YouTube they’re awesome. Two black guys give their honest reaction to new (to them) music from various genres. They’re hip hop guys learning about rock/metal...but haven’t done a reaction vid to Rush.

I ask anyone that gives a fück to either send them a tweet to: @lostinvegas83 or leave a recommendation on their YouTube page: https://m.youtube.co...DxZZxPWFgeE50hQ to do a vid of a rush song. I’d say Tom Sawyer would be a good place for them to start.

They’ve been getting swamped by metal heads recommending bands like Slayer and Meshuggah but I think they need to hear the good stuff.
Tom Sawyer has kind of a rap vibe and has been used in sampling, so they would probably dig it.

Keep Roll the Bones far, far away from them.

#4 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1483 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 17 November 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 16 November 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Tom Sawyer has kind of a rap vibe and has been used in sampling, so they would probably dig it.

What? You don't think they would have an appreciation for White Canuck Rap?

#5 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Bump! Get these guys into Rush y’all. George likes his drummers and he needs to hear a The Professor.

#6 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6211 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

sounds like a vid I watched a while back but it was one black hip-hop type guy and he was reacting to 2112.. it was actually quite interesting and I watched the whole thing.

#7 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6211 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

here's YYZ..

#8 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Yeah...that guy does nothing for me. He’s not as insightful or funny as Ryan & George.

#9 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5623 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

HemiBeers, on 17 November 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

theredtamasrule, on 16 November 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

I don't think "rap vibes" are a requirement.  Although, War Pigs and Holy Wars must give off a ton.

#10 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 24058 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

They must learn the pleasure of Entré Nous it’s like Barry White meets Yes. Smooth baby, yeah...

#11 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5623 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

These guys are getting plenty of Rush requests on their youtube comment sections.  I think they'll come around to it.

#12 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1483 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

rocket ignites, on 22 November 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

These guys are getting plenty of Rush requests on their youtube comment sections.  I think they'll come around to it.

I know I requested Rush. Hopefully they take notice.

#13 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Does everyone think Tom Sawyer is the best first song for them to do?

#14 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1483 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

theredtamasrule, on 22 November 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

I requested that one, along with Spirit of Radio and Anthem.

#15 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5623 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

theredtamasrule, on 22 November 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

It would be a top option.  I like the thought of The Spirit of Radio also.  Something you can take in on first listen.

#16 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Alright y’all! Get out and vote for Rush!

https://twitter.com/lostinvegas83

#17 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 84526 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

I keep seeing these videos then completely forgetting them and so I need to be constantly reminded with threads like these. :kisshug:

#18 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5623 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 PM

This is one of the rare youtube channels I bother to subscribe to.  It's cool to get the new video upload notices via email.

#19 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9892 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 PM

I would pick Limelight. Catchy song with great lyrics that aren't hard to guess the meaning behind. Plus, the awesome solo.

#20 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8919 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 PM

Vote so they at least beat Lamb of God and Mastodon. Probably won’t beat Zep at this pace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users