Dave Grohl - guitar or drums?

YYZumbi

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Dave Grohl as a guitarist or as a drummer?

I just found this video, that looks like its from kinda recently, there Dave Grohl is playing drums. And that made me of think of how awesome he is as a drummer.

I am not a fan of Foo Fighters, or him as a guitarist. But I am a huge fan of Nirvana, and Dave sound on the drums is really great, and the way he drums in this video, he seems to give it all! But as a guitarist, I find him boring, he don´t do anything really special in my opinion.

So what do you think? Do you prefer Dave Grohl as a guitarist or as a drummer?

Video:

• Like 2

He's probably a better guitarist than Cobain ever was. Definitely a better singer. He's a fine drummer but Taylor Hawkins is much more skilled. His greatest strength is as the songwriter and frontman of the Foo Fighters, and as rock and roll's primary ambassador.

Also, screams out the wazoo. That man should've lost his voice years ago, but he just keeps going. Pretty awesome at that too.

• Like 2

Better musician and performer than Cobain. He hons his craft whereas Cobain just got f***ed up and wrote f***ed up shit.

That being said, better drummer than guitarist. He just fills a void with guitar.

There I said it.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Drummer by far. He’s just basically a rhythm guitarist.

Agreed. I always though his drumming skill was outstanding- within the genre of the music he makes anyway. He stands out much more as a drummer than a guitarist, in my opinion.

• Like 1

All I know is he will, eventually, be in the R&R Hall of Fame...twice.

Foo Fighters Hall of Fame worthy? I think not.

Foo Fighters are Dave Grohl.

Dave Growl is definitely Hall Of Fame worthy, almost even if he'd never played a note outside Nirvana.

Foo Fighters are Hall Of Fame Worthy.

But in case you're still not sure, another listen to The Colour And The Shape or Wasting Light, might change your mind, or maybe The Greatest Hits might be testament enough.

• Like 2

All I know is he will, eventually, be in the R&R Hall of Fame...twice.

Foo Fighters Hall of Fame worthy? I think not.

Wanna bet?

Uh no. They will be put in of course, because based on the drivel and dreck that have already been inducted, they are worthy. But they are not a Hall of Fame band.
  • Like 1