Cheap Trick or Weezer?

Texas King

Cheap Trick or Weezer?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Cheap Trick or Weezer?

Cheap Trick may be awesome, but imo they don't have a Blue album, a White album, or a Pinkerton. Plus Weezer just mean more to me.
  • Like 2

Cheap Trick may be awesome, but imo they don't have a Blue album, a White album, or a Pinkerton. Plus Weezer just mean more to me.

No, but they something called IN COLOR, which is better than all three of those combined

Weezer is a good band, but Cheap Trick is immortal

• Like 1

No, but they something called IN COLOR, which is better than all three of those combined

I'll listen to it tonight and let you know my thoughts. However, it's gonna take a heck of a lot to trump those three Weezer albums imo. Cheap Trick is gonna basically have to be like Yes or better. A Kiss level band (much as I love Kiss) ain't gonna cut it,

• Like 1

Hm. Disagree that it's better than all three of those combined, or really any one of them. Big Eyes is about the only track that comes real close to Weezer's level of greatness circa 1994-1996 and 2016. However, I did enjoy it and it was a solid punk rock translation of ELO's interpretation of The Beatles. Also mainly good songs, fine arrangements, dead production.

Nothing comes close to Pinkerton from that list he gave.

• Like 1