Jump to content


I've never thought Iron Maiden were a good band.


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

View Postfraroc, on 07 November 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

You probably think shit like 55Gore is good
Stop being such an elitist

Sponsored Post

#22 Nate2112

Nate2112

    The Lil' Eskimo

  • Members *
  • 3021 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Maiden is influential. I love them personally, but I get that after Seventh Son they got formulaic. Like em or not, they do deserve their influential praise

#23 Todem

Todem

    Brosaucerous

  • Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkland, Florida
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

UP THE IRONS!!!!

Acquired taste man. Music like Rush, Maiden, Yes, Floyd etc all an acquired taste.

You don't have to like it.

Edited by Todem, 08 November 2017 - 02:16 PM.


#24 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostTodem, on 08 November 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

UP THE IRONS!!!!

Acquired taste man. Music like Rush, Maiden, Yes, Floyd etc all an acquired taste.

You don't have to like it.
Agreed but saying you don’t like them is completely different than saying they’re not a good band.

#25 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 07 November 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I only came around to Maiden after listening to The Number Of The Beast with my dad and him sharing his affection and memories of songs like 22 Acacia Avenue and The Prisoner with me. Before that I thought they weren't bad, but were too formulaic and their singer was a little lacking somehow.

Wait.  Before Number of the Beast they were formulaic, but not after?  :eh:

#26 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

Maiden is like AC/DC.  Formulaic, with a certain vibe, but in a good way that works.

#27 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9380 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

They are a great band and i dig a few songs but thats it. Much respect but never bought any of their records.



#28 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 3550 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 November 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 07 November 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I only came around to Maiden after listening to The Number Of The Beast with my dad and him sharing his affection and memories of songs like 22 Acacia Avenue and The Prisoner with me. Before that I thought they weren't bad, but were too formulaic and their singer was a little lacking somehow.

Wait.  Before Number of the Beast they were formulaic, but not after?  :eh:

No no no, before I listened to them with my dad. I don't mean before as in before that album.

#29 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 08 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostTodem, on 08 November 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

UP THE IRONS!!!!

Acquired taste man. Music like Rush, Maiden, Yes, Floyd etc all an acquired taste.

You don't have to like it.
Agreed but saying you don’t like them is completely different than saying they’re not a good band.

On that note, which bands would qualify as "not good"?

#30 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 08 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 08 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostTodem, on 08 November 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

UP THE IRONS!!!!

Acquired taste man. Music like Rush, Maiden, Yes, Floyd etc all an acquired taste.

You don't have to like it.
Agreed but saying you don’t like them is completely different than saying they’re not a good band.

On that note, which bands would qualify as "not good"?
Gotta ask the OP but maybe some punk bands.

#31 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 08 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 08 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 08 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostTodem, on 08 November 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

UP THE IRONS!!!!

Acquired taste man. Music like Rush, Maiden, Yes, Floyd etc all an acquired taste.

You don't have to like it.
Agreed but saying you don’t like them is completely different than saying they’re not a good band.

On that note, which bands would qualify as "not good"?
Gotta ask the OP but maybe some punk bands.

I already know his answer. He said Iron Maiden. I disagree. They're a good band who I'm not THAT into other than a handful of songs.

So yeah, I'm asking you.

#32 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32239 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 07 November 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 07 November 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

You probably think shit like 55Gore is good
Stop being such an elitist

Agreed.

What a dumb post.

#33 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 11064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 November 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Maiden is like AC/DC.  Formulaic, with a certain vibe, but in a good way that works.

Their formula is gallopy metal.

#34 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostRushman14, on 08 November 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 08 November 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Maiden is like AC/DC.  Formulaic, with a certain vibe, but in a good way that works.

Their formula is gallopy metal.

Posted Image

#35 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9380 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 08 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 08 November 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 08 November 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Maiden is like AC/DC.  Formulaic, with a certain vibe, but in a good way that works.

Their formula is gallopy metal.

Posted Image

Gallopy is about right!

#36 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6028 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostMaverick, on 07 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tell me why I am right, or wrong.

Never 'got' their music.

I saw them once in concert along with Dio and Motorhead at MSG and I thought both Dio and Motorhead were better.

Edited by custom55, 08 November 2017 - 07:59 PM.


#37 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

View Postcustom55, on 08 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 07 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tell me why I am right, or wrong.

Never 'got' their music.

I saw them once in concert along with Dio and Motorhead at MSG and I thought both Dio and Motorhead were better.

What year was this? Was Bruce Dickinson the singer?

#38 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Maiden is not a good band.  They are a GREAT band, for this album alone:

Posted Image

#39 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6028 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 08 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 07 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tell me why I am right, or wrong.

Never 'got' their music.

I saw them once in concert along with Dio and Motorhead at MSG and I thought both Dio and Motorhead were better.

What year was this? Was Bruce Dickinson the singer?

2003...  I know zero about IM.

#40 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

View Postcustom55, on 08 November 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 08 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 07 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tell me why I am right, or wrong.

Never 'got' their music.

I saw them once in concert along with Dio and Motorhead at MSG and I thought both Dio and Motorhead were better.

What year was this? Was Bruce Dickinson the singer?

2003...  I know zero about IM.

Ok, Bruce was back with them at that point. He left in the 90s and was replaced with a terrible live front man in Blaze Bailey. Was just curious if you actually saw the real Maiden or not which you did. Very rare for openers to be better than them even if Dio was one of them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users