If you won't give me one,

I'll take two,

The better for me,

And the worse for you.

A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,

A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,

A pint of beer to wash it down,

And a jolly good fire to burn him.

Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!

Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!

Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/V-FOR-VENDETTA-May-20th-blu-ray-1012010_500_645.jpg

• Like 2

I bought it on bluray recently. Still one of my all time favourite movies and severely underrated.
  • Like 1

I bought it on bluray recently. Still one of my all time favourite movies and severely underrated.

Hugo Weaving's greatest role (in which he never showed his face) .... :D

Why wasn't it actually released on November 5th?

It was supposed to be released on 11-05-2005, but how many films are actually released on time? 20%? 30%? The film makers said they needed extra time to finish the visual effects. :oops:

Why wasn't it actually released on November 5th?

It was supposed to be released on 11-05-2005, but how many films are actually released on time? 20%? 30%? The film makers said they needed extra time to finish the visual effects. :oops:

Ah ok. At least they intended for it to be released then.

By sheer coincidence (or is it?), last night I saw The Raven which was directed by the same person who did V. Cusack as Edgar Allen Poe.

Had similar visuals of course but lacked the excitement of V.

• Like 1

"Voila ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
  • Like 1

"Voila ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

Are you, like.....a crazy person? :P

http://i1.wp.com/olivetjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AarocinBlessings.Spock_.jpg?resize=400%2C300 .................. I approve of this dramatic scene.

• Like 1

Just finished watching this brilliant film again. Did I mention that it's brilliant? :D

Magnificent acting by everyone, but Natalie Portman is an absolute treasure......(of course, I may be biased.... :blush: ....)

• Like 1

I liked V for Vendetta but it's not surprising that Alan Moore didn't as there were some big changes to his original work. Same with Watchmen. Though I also liked that...mostly.

Come to think of it, Moore hasn't like any of his adaptations. It is easy to see why though.

I don't care what Moore thinks.

V For Vendetta is a stunning achievement.

Yeah, we don't have to. Still, as I said, it's easy to understand why he didn't approve given that the original characters and story were his creations.

I still haven't forgiven David Lynch and Raffaella De Laurentiis for the hatchet job they did on Dune. As a purist of Frank Herbert's epic novel, I was disgusted by the plot and character changes. Herbert wasn't too happy with it, either.

Yeah, we don't have to. Still, as I said, it's easy to understand why he didn't approve given that the original characters and story were his creations.

I still haven't forgiven David Lynch and Raffaella De Laurentiis for the hatchet job they did on Dune. As a purist of Frank Herbert's epic novel, I was disgusted by the plot and character changes. Herbert wasn't too happy with it, either.

It's understandable.

There was a lot of butchering with Watchmen but I still enjoyed it. And there was some with V but I still liked it too.

It's understandable.

There was a lot of butchering with Watchmen but I still enjoyed it. And there was some with V but I still liked it too.

Going way back, when the film producers of Ayn Rand's novel The Fountainhead tried to change stuff, Rand threw an absolute fit. She demanded that Gary Cooper read his lines exactly in the way that she wrote them.....no matter how long the lines were.

Just like Howard Roark opposed all changes to his architectural works, so did Rand with her words.

That was a great quote. How long did it take to transcribe?

It's understandable.

Going way back, when the film producers of Ayn Rand's novel The Fountainhead tried to change stuff, Rand threw an absolute fit. She demanded that Gary Cooper read his lines exactly in the way that she wrote them.....no matter how long the lines were.

Just like Howard Roark opposed all changes to his architectural works, so did Rand with her words.

Indeed! And while I love Auntie Ayn, no sarcasm, what makes for a great morality play on the page doth butter no bread as movie dialogue.