Something that shocks me about RUSH...

oghond2112

What about Tears?...it's quite clearly a romantic ballad about love and loss, particularly the "my body was weak, for you...the truth" line.

geddy wrote tears

Al and GED are clearly great friends. Are they really that good of friends with Neil? I’m not so sure.

i think that all three were probably closer friends in the earlier days but then they grew apart especially as neil started to lose interest in music and regard it more as a way of making money than a calling while meanwhile al and ged were still just as passionate about music as they ever had been.

Maybe. Neil seems hard t9 get to know

• Like 1

What about Tears?...it's quite clearly a romantic ballad about love and loss, particularly the "my body was weak, for you...the truth" line.

geddy wrote tears

Al and GED are clearly great friends. Are they really that good of friends with Neil? I’m not so sure.

i think that all three were probably closer friends in the earlier days but then they grew apart especially as neil started to lose interest in music and regard it more as a way of making money than a calling while meanwhile al and ged were still just as passionate about music as they ever had been.

Maybe. Neil seems hard t9 get to know

Shocking.

geddy wrote tears

Neil seems hard t9 get to know

Understatement of the year.

geddy wrote tears

It’s only in reply to those that buy the thought that Neil joined the band and they all became besties. It’s more likely he sat alone reading a lot and working on lyrics and riding bikes than goofing around with a couple guys that had been friends for 10+ years but maybe that’s an understatement

geddy wrote tears

It’s only in reply to those that buy the thought that Neil joined the band and they all became besties. It’s more likely he sat alone reading a lot and working on lyrics and riding bikes than goofing around with a couple guys that had been friends for 10+ years but maybe that’s an understatement

I think that's probably the way it's always been, but they still travelled together in the early years and were able to have that bonding experience. Once Neil started traveling separately on his bike for these tours, that's probably when it really started to change. How could it not? Alex and Geddy together all the time, Neil meeting them at the concert saying hi and then taking off again. It's pretty telling and creates a better understanding of the communication within the band, or lack of it with Neil.

• Like 3

Given how good friends the members of RUSH are in real life, I'm pretty shocked that Neil hasn't written a song regarding platonic relationships yet. (Well, there's "Entre Nous," but that can be interpreted romantically, too.)

Or am I missing something?

You just missed:

Animate

Cold Fire

Alien Shore

Ghost of a chance

Different Strings

Between sun & moon

Open Secrets

Stars look down

Analog Kid

Neurotica

Need some love

• Like 1

geddy wrote tears

Imo Neil put everything he had left into Clockwork Angels.

geddy wrote tears

I think that's probably the way it's always been, but they still travelled together in the early years and were able to have that bonding experience. Once Neil started traveling separately on his bike for these tours, that's probably when it really started to change. How could it not? Alex and Geddy together all the time, Neil meeting them at the concert saying hi and then taking off again. It's pretty telling and creates a better understanding of the communication within the band, or lack of it with Neil.

Alex and Geddy are just on a different friendship level, knowing each other since junior high, living close to each other, etc. Neil probably felt like he really liked the guys, but also had to get away especially on tour. Let's face it, after 40 years with someone, the friendship or bond with someone is kind of tapped out and there's nothing new to discover. If they enjoy working together after all that time, that's probably the best anyone could expect.

Since Neil didn't write a lurrv song till Cold Fire I consider all his lyrics to be platonic.

Neil love songs...hmmm. Being hyper-analytical, he writes relationship songs more than love songs. Entre Nous, Chemistry, Ghost of a Chance, and Cold Fire come to mind. Also Alien Shore and - :gads: - Speed of Love.

Interesting way to put it. I had always thought of them doing intellectual love songs. But relationship songs fits the description as well. I could add Analog Kid & Time Stand Still to the above list.

BTW - I happen to like Entre Nous, Cold Fire, Alien Shore, Analog Kid, Time Stand Still and, yes Speed of Love.

• Like 1

Since Neil didn't write a lurrv song till Cold Fire I consider all his lyrics to be platonic.

Neil love songs...hmmm. Being hyper-analytical, he writes relationship songs more than love songs. Entre Nous, Chemistry, Ghost of a Chance, and Cold Fire come to mind. Also Alien Shore and - :gads: - Speed of Love.

Emotion Detector too, while we're at it.