Don't forget to vote!

Lorraine

Can anyone here explain to me the criterion the RRHOF has in how they choose who will be in?

It's really insulting to so many bands that it's taken decades to even be nominated. I know Geddy said that if someone wants to honor you, you should be gracious and say thank you, but I wish one of these bands would finally turn to this RRHOF and tell them to keep their "honor" and get lost.

No surprise Bon Jovi is leading. There's a big drop off between #2 and #3.

Ford,where did you see who is leading?

After you submit your vote it shows it. I voted for Priest. Don't really care for anyone else on the list. Very surprised The Moody Blues aren't in yet though.

• Like 2

If Radiohead doesn't go in, I'm pulling a Jull Stein and demanding a recount

Oh Radiohead will make it. They're the modern Pink Floyd, and the new kind of Beatles. To not put them in in their first year of eligibility would serve to finally confirm that the RRHOF has no clue who actually deserves these spots, even though we all already know that. Also Radiohead are indie and critical darlings, much as they may wish they weren't, that is why they are. They could record themselves picking lint out of Thom Yorke's belly button and it would be praised. Tbf, I love Radiohead too, but they are undeniably one of those bands that can't seem to be criticized, and that's very annoying as a fan.

That said, I think Priest, the Moodies, The Cars, and Bon Jovi have all been deserving this for a long while. Seriously, how do you record Days Of Futures Past, even if they hadn't done anything else ever, and NOT get in until now? Yes should've made it in before Rush, Genesis and Floyd should've been the catalysts for bringing prog into the Rock hall, but instead I'm sure the Hall decided to put them in on account of their radio hits (at least Floyd's were related to prog in the classic sense, I love pop Genesis, but it's a shame they aren't remembered for their often equally wonderful prog years). Is Tull in yet?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1