Based on the interview... (WARNING: POSSIBLE PHILOSOPHICAL DEBATES!)

oghond2112

Anyways... if you read the Four-Temperament Ensemble thing...

Basically, from what I have seen in interviews, Alex is sanguine, Neil is melancholic, and Geddy, as has already been established, is phlegmatic. There are no choleric members (unless you count John Rutsey, but I don't know what he was like...).

Is anyone else here in agreement?

I'm more into the Myers-Briggs approach to personality analysis. We've had several discussions about Neil being an INTJ, and the fact that here on the Forum there are an inordinate number of INTJs (typically 1% of the population).

Good thread!

• Like 1

Basically, from what I have seen in interviews, Alex is sanguine, Neil is melancholic, and Geddy, as has already been established, is phlegmatic. There are no choleric members (unless you count John Rutsey, but I don't know what he was like...).

I'm more into the Myers-Briggs approach to personality analysis. We've had several discussions about Neil being an INTJ, and the fact that here on the Forum there are an inordinate number of INTJs (typically 1% of the population).

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

1: What's Myers-Briggs?

2: What's an INTJ?

3: If Neil is an INTJ, what are Alex and Geddy?

• Like 1

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

I was wondering the same thing but was too lazy to ask!

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

There's this really cool website called Google... ;)

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Hot?

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Tony R has had his say in the thread everyone, now we can all rest easy in our beds again after days of anxious waiting, staring at the ceiling night after night waiting for his verdict... :hi:

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Tony R has had his say in the thread everyone, now we can all rest easy in our beds again after days of anxious waiting, staring at the ceiling night after night waiting for his verdict... :hi:

You leave Tony R alone you bully. :D-13:

Edited by Lorraine

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

It's only bullying if you pick on someone who you know is scared to fight back. Like you...

In the Dan Rather interview with Geddy Lee, he described each member's interaction with the fans, and effectively, their personalities: Neil is perpetually shy and introverted, and VERY uncomfortable around fans, Alex is gregarious, talkative, and goofy, and Geddy himself is right smack-dab in the middle: very polite, friendly, and humble, yet somewhat reserved. Not as gregarious as Alex, but not as shy as Neil.

Meaning, effectively, that they can be considered the new Freudian trio (seen here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FreudianTrio -though that may be a bit of a stretch). Specifically:

Id: Alex

Superego: Neil

Ego: Geddy

If not that, then it is ALMOST CERTAIN that they represent 3/4 of a four-temperament ensemble (seen here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FourTemperamentEnsemble). Hint: there are no choleric members of RUSH. Hint: one's sanguine, one's melancholic, one's phlegmatic. Hint: it shouldn't take long to figure out who's who based on reading the descriptions.

Who else here agrees?

*NOTE: If I offend anyone with this, I sincerely apologize in advance. This thread was not meant to be offensive.*

Delete this thread you racist bigot. Don't you know that Geddy Lee is a Nazi Commie????

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

It's only bullying if you pick on someone who you know is scared to fight back. Like you...

Go climb a tree you jerk.

Jokes aside, they're just regular dudes. Overanalyzing them as Gods is dumb. They have families, regular lives besides being in a band. We have threads regarding them as the holy Trinity every week and yeah, Rush is good, but come on theyre not superhumans, they're Canadian
  • Like 1

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Well you see I wasn't talking to you, you butted in, so all you have to do is not butt in and all will be well.

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Well you see I wasn't talking to you, you butted in, so all you have to do is not butt in and all will be well.

This is a forum and this is a thread. This isn't your private domain. I'll do what I damn well please here bucko.

Jokes aside, they're just regular dudes. Overanalyzing them as Gods is dumb. They have families, regular lives besides being in a band. We have threads regarding them as the holy Trinity every week and yeah, Rush is good, but come on theyre not superhumans, they're Canadian

Canadians can't be superheroes, eh? :LOL: I think their super power is being polite, right? :D

• Like 2

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

This is a forum and this is a thread. This isn't your private domain. I'll do what I damn well please here bucko.

Well you say what you want, but I'm saying what I want regardless and don't expect anything else because you ain't going to get it.

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Cool?

Well you say what you want, but I'm saying what I want regardless and don't expect anything else because you ain't going to get it.

Okie dokie

Canadians can't be superheroes, eh? :LOL: I think their super power is being polite, right? :D

Wolverine-Angry.jpg

Wrong, bitch!

• Like 2

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99842-personality-test/page__hl__+myers%20+briggs#entry4081081

Wolverine-Angry.jpg

Wrong, bitch!

Haha!

Wolverine-Angry.jpg

Wrong, bitch!

Haha!

http://static.adweek.com/adweek.com-prod/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/ck-bieber-hed-2014.jpg

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99842-personality-test/page__hl__+myers%20+briggs#entry4081081

Ah. Thanks!!

So what do you think Alex and Geddy would be and why?

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

Ah. Thanks!!

So what do you think Alex and Geddy would be and why?

Your welcome.

Too hard to say. I've taken that test 4 times over a 25 or so year period and got 4 different results. 1 result was extremely different from the other 3. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since people can change over time. So it'd be a bit tough to nail it down to specifics other than to say that Alex is extroverted.

Anyway, I might've said this earlier, it's hard to judge their personalities based on their public personas which is basically all we have to go by.

Wolverine-Angry.jpg

Wrong, bitch!

Haha!

http://static.adweek.com/adweek.com-prod/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/ck-bieber-hed-2014.jpg

Your pillow case cover?

• Like 1

Good thread!

Thanks!

A few questions:

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.htm?bhcp=1

I think you'll find it interesting.