• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Saint NIck

Saint NIck

The Seeker

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

Hi RUSH Family, the weather down here in New Orleans has been kinda cool over the last few days; and yesterday's was almost too good for a Halloween weekend. After some tears at mass, letting out at 10:30, I headed downtown to the Superdome and the five block walk was wonderful; drinking a Pepsi and having so much on my mind...so much of Dad. About 3 1/2 hours later when the Saints intercepted securing the win, I lost it a bit. Yes, I was crying more at this game than at the Detroit game ( the first after Dad ); the emotions were going through me. A dear friendly-fan came to me just as Brees was going into victory formation gave me a hug of both happiness & consoling, telling me "...you're grieving, it's ok...". Yes, I was happy we won, but just knowing my reality. Even one of the very many Chicago fans in my row, ( I'm the first seat on the end....9 seats to my left ), understood how I was; for he & I talked a bit during the game. I especially always tell visiting fans, "...I don't drink, not gonna get rowdy, but I do say the safe curse words = shit, dammit, son of a bitch...". All was good, and if the final score could've been 21 to 12 it would've been even better. I guess you can say best of all is that I'm doing my Dad proud by going ahead with my life, and trying to have fun. With that, always & forever with honor, pride & love for Dad. Thanks & I love Y'all !!!

Sponsored Post

#2 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, biker boots, Guess boots, MK boots, combat boots

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

You should have your own football thread.

#3 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 15609 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostSaint NIck, on 30 October 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Hi RUSH Family, the weather down here in New Orleans has been kinda cool over the last few days; and yesterday's was almost too good for a Halloween weekend. After some tears at mass, letting out at 10:30, I headed downtown to the Superdome and the five block walk was wonderful; drinking a Pepsi and having so much on my mind...so much of Dad. About 3 1/2 hours later when the Saints intercepted securing the win, I lost it a bit. Yes, I was crying more at this game than at the Detroit game ( the first after Dad ); the emotions were going through me. A dear friendly-fan came to me just as Brees was going into victory formation gave me a hug of both happiness & consoling, telling me "...you're grieving, it's ok...". Yes, I was happy we won, but just knowing my reality. Even one of the very many Chicago fans in my row, ( I'm the first seat on the end....9 seats to my left ), understood how I was; for he & I talked a bit during the game. I especially always tell visiting fans, "...I don't drink, not gonna get rowdy, but I do say the safe curse words = shit, dammit, son of a bitch...". All was good, and if the final score could've been 21 to 12 it would've been even better. I guess you can say best of all is that I'm doing my Dad proud by going ahead with my life, and trying to have fun. With that, always & forever with honor, pride & love for Dad. Thanks & I love Y'all !!!

:cheers:     :hug2:      :rose:

#4 Nate2112

Nate2112

The Lil' Eskimo

• Members *
  • 3016 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostSaint NIck, on 30 October 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Nice to see a fellow Saints fan

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10798 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Great post Saint Nick

The bond will never be lost

#6 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7711 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

:hug2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users