Just Saw "Images And Words" Live In Oakland!!! One Of The Greatest Shows I Have Ever Seen! MIND-BLOWING!

RUSHHEAD666

Not in the mood to just bury my emotions on the Dream Theater Thread.

I'm simply in awe about tonight's Dream Theater performance.

I am one of those guys as most of you veterans on here know.

I was one of world's biggest Dream Theater fans ever until "Falling Into Infinity" and then I started to fall into boredom.

Although "Scenes" and "Octovarium" were excellent.

Anyway hypocritically the last time I saw Dream Theater was on the "Silver Linings" Tour in San Jose. I had front row with the ex wife. Right in front of Myung.

That was it for me!

Done!

Well tonight was my first show with the new "Mike." Blew my fuckinng mind.

This is not a spoiler thread because you all know that the band is playing "Images And Words."

I thought it was AMAZING!

I didn't know that Dream Theater kicked off this tour in Oakland! Incredible!

I have ripped on James and his vocals over the years but tonight I must say he was sport on.

I was shocked.

I would honestly say that this is the best Dream Theater show I have seen since "AWAKE!"

So on that note hear is to hoping they do an "AWAKE" Anniversary Tour!! Holy Shit!

That would be incredible to watch Mike 2.0 play "6:00" live! Love those white octobans above his kit!!

Something about drummers who use octobans that drives me nucking futs!!!!

BLOWN AWAY!!!!

PULL ME UNDER A GLASS MOON!!!

FIVE STAR SHOW!

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it Earl.

What did you think about that encore?

They did 6:00 on their first tour with Mangini so they've already played that with him. Not sure if we'll get an Awake anniversary tour since on their 2013/2014 tour they did the entire second half of the album (Mirror thru Space Dye Vest) at every show.

Still undecided on whether or not i'm gonna travel to see them next month after the show that was scheduled for here got cancelled and moved to a new venue an hour away after I already got tickets for the orginal show.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I was one of world's biggest Dream Theater fans ever until "Falling Into Infinity" and then I started to fall into boredom.

Anyway hypocritically the last time I saw Dream Theater was on the "Silver Linings" Tour in San Jose. I had front row with the ex wife. Right in front of Myung.

That was it for me!

Done!

This is not a spoiler thread because you all know that the band is playing "Images And Words."

I have ripped on James and his vocals over the years but tonight I must say he was sport on.

I was shocked.

I would honestly say that this is the best Dream Theater show I have seen since "AWAKE!"

So on that note hear is to hoping they do an "AWAKE" Anniversary Tour!! Holy Shit!

That would be incredible to watch Mike 2.0 play "6:00" live! Love those white octobans above his kit!!

BLOWN AWAY!!!!

FIVE STAR SHOW!

Glad you enjoyed mate!

:goodone:

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it Earl.

What did you think about that encore?

They did 6:00 on their first tour with Mangini so they've already played that with him. Not sure if we'll get an Awake anniversary tour since on their 2013/2014 tour they did the entire second half of the album (Mirror thru Space Dye Vest) at every show.

Still undecided on whether or not i'm gonna travel to see them next month after the show that was scheduled for here got cancelled and moved to a new venue an hour away after I already got tickets for the orginal show.

Thank you!!! I was very impressed!!! I know it's further away but you must GO!!!!! You must see "Images" all the way through!!!! Yes the encore was EPCI! That's all I will type!!

6:00 is my favorite song on "Awake." I love the drumming! ;)

Who knows if they will do another anniversary tour. Probably another new album and tour! I would prefer to hear "Awake" all the way through!

That was it for me!

Done!

I was shocked.

BLOWN AWAY!!!!

FIVE STAR SHOW!

Glad you enjoyed mate!

:goodone:

Thanks amigo! Picked you up a nice shirt! I have the same one!

I was in doubt if I should see them or not, but thanks to this thread I learned they played Don´t Look Past Me!!! I can´t NOT see them now!

Rod! The first set was excellent! You know me I very skeptical with the newer stuff. But there was also a surprise in there that blew me away! No spoiler alert. BUT YOU BETTER GO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I was in doubt if I should see them or not, but thanks to this thread I learned they played Don´t Look Past Me!!! I can´t NOT see them now!

Rod! The first set was excellent! You know me I very skeptical with the newer stuff. But there was also a surprise in there that blew me away! No spoiler alert. BUT YOU BETTER GO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know all the spoilers, mate...buying my tickets PRONTO!!!

• Like 1

I know all the spoilers, mate...buying my tickets PRONTO!!!

HAHAHA!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!! get your tickets PRONTO AMIGO!!

Cheers!!!!!

Your head will explode with glee! LOL!

So, how long until you think you will hate them again?

������

Jk, glad you enjoyed

HAHAHAHA! Probably after I buy their new album in 2019! LOL! Unless they go back to their root and play melodic dynamic progressive METAL!

Thanks man! Yes, you know I have a LOVEHATE relationship with the band.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

"Images" is easily a TOP TEN PROG ALBUM for me! It's a 9.5. It would be a TEN but it's that damn machine gun snare sound that drives me nuts!

I know I know!

"FUCKKING DRUMMERS!"

You know I play to RUSH on the drums almost everyday for fun.

I tried to play to "Learning to Live" today. Fuckk man, I need a lot of work. Portnoy is an amazing drummer. I just hate his attitude.

So, how long until you think you will hate them again?

������

Jk, glad you enjoyed

HAHAHAHA! Probably after I buy their new album in 2019! LOL! Unless they go back to their root and play melodic dynamic progressive METAL!

Thanks man! Yes, you know I have a LOVEHATE relationship with the band.

Same!

• Like 1

Here's a video of them playing Don't Look Past Me at the show you saw, Earl:

http://youtu.be/eZsmhg3K_Yc

By the way, this song and To Live Forever were meant to be in Images & Words, but were replaced by Another Day and Surrounded.

• Like 1

Just got my tickets...November 12th can´t come soon enough!!!

But hey, Labreeze is definitely struggling with his vocals...they tuned down all the songs od I&W half a step, and he´s still not able to sing them properly. I´m hoping they write songs that fit his voice a bit more on the next album. Check him out:

Just got my tickets...November 12th can´t come soon enough!!!

But hey, Labreeze is definitely struggling with his vocals...they tuned down all the songs od I&W half a step, and he´s still not able to sing them properly. I´m hoping they write songs that fit his voice a bit more on the next album. Check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIXCpX2Rj48

Yes my friend!!! Sadly James is the weakest link of the band! So I will confess I was soooooo happy to hear "To Live Forever!" I was shocked!!! Love that song!

So happy you are going!!!!