Two black dudes react to Iron Maiden's Hallowed be thy Name

I absolutely love these dudes. Trying to describe the cinematic was really interesting. Please remember, these guys approach this as two black guys coming from the hip-hop community and totally unfamiliar with metal, and eager to explore the genre. Great stuff. They get Maiden. Very complimentary upon first listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTZzm5ondY

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

That was awesome!!! I have a lot of respect for those dudes for trying something new and completely out of their comfort zone. I am yet to check their reactions to Anthrax and Metallica, but the Maiden one was great!
  • Like 1

I am subscribed to their channel. Very entertaining and interesting analysis.

I really enjoyed their Master of Puppets review. It was pretty mind blowing for these guys. Me too...I gained more appreciation for the song as they broke it down.

• Like 2

Btw, they’re not worth watching because they’re “two black guys” but two smart guys that are open minded but don’t normally listen to metal music. Being Black really has nothing to do with it.
  • Like 2

Btw, they’re not worth watching because they’re “two black guys” but two smart guys that are open minded but don’t normally listen to metal music. Being Black really has nothing to do with it.

I see your point but their race does play a big part in it. If this was just two random white metal heads talking about these songs, I don't think it would be aware near as interesting. But two black guys whose main genre is hip hop with very little metal exposure analyzing metal songs they're hearing for the first time does have an appeal.

But what I wanna know is who are the idiots that suggested to them that Caught In A Mosh should be the Anthrax song they should listen to? Nothing against it but there's plenty of better classic Anthrax that fans could have suggested.

• Like 3

I see your point but their race does play a big part in it. If this was just two random white metal heads talking about these songs, I don't think it would be aware near as interesting. But two black guys whose main genre is hip hop with very little metal exposure analyzing metal songs they're hearing for the first time does have an appeal.

And these guys know it, they say as much in their introductory video. However I agree with Ancient Ways as well to his point. Just fascinating to watch the reactions
  • Like 1

But what I wanna know is who are the idiots that suggested to them that Caught In A Mosh should be the Anthrax song they should listen to? Nothing against it but there's plenty of better classic Anthrax that fans could have suggested.

You failed to comprehend the point. They DONT NORMALLY LISTEN TO METAL so two white metal heads dont compare to these guys since they would already know and be fans. The whole point is that they don’t really know the music and it’s a pure reaction. You can find two old white guys that still listen to Sinatra and get their pure reactions as well. These guys are good because of their personalities and their insightful comments and obvious love of music that makes you feel something. So, the thing that makes it work is them not the fact that they’re black but that they have something to say. I’ve been following them for some time, btw.