2017 LOUDWIRE AWARDS ARE ON! ROB HALFORD SNAGS THE LEMMY LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD! METAL GOD!!!!!!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys!

It's amazing how we humans can be connected to music. To prog and to METAL!!!!

If it wasn't for the Geddy Lee Interview tonight I never would have known about the LOUDWIRE AWARDS!!!!

Rob Halford just got the LEMMY Award! Rob was even wearing a LEMMY shirt!!! Incredible.

Of course he announced his new album and tour!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL!!!!!

FIREPOWER MUTHERFUKKKKKKAS!!!!!!!

REAL METAL!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES!!!!!!!!

JUDAS PRIEST FOREVER!!!!

• Like 1

My biggest question is why did Halford not already have the lifetime achievement award?

That's a great question! Not sure how long Loudwire has been in existence!

Sort of like RUSH waiting 19 years for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Lame!

• Like 2

My biggest question is why did Halford not already have the lifetime achievement award?

I think I saw on a commercial that this is the first year of the LOUDWIRE awards. So they picked someone good to start with! :LOL:

• Like 2

I think I saw on a commercial that this is the first year of the LOUDWIRE awards. So they picked someone good to start with! :LOL:

HELL YEAH!

HELL BENT FOR LEATHER!

• Like 2

I tried watching that but didn’t make it far. Surprising how bad Chris Jericho is as a host since he’s good on the mic during wrestling promos. Who was the female singing duet with halford at beginning? Her voice was weird at lower pitches but really good singing higher
  • Like 1

I tried watching that but didn’t make it far. Surprising how bad Chris Jericho is as a host since he’s good on the mic during wrestling promos. Who was the female singing duet with halford at beginning? Her voice was weird at lower pitches but really good singing higher

Maria Brink, singer of In This Moment.

Jericho was probably drunk. He's a great showman and you would think would make a perfect host for a rock/metal awards show since he has his own band and is a huge fan of metal. He was there with all his metal buddies so he was probably partying most of the day leading up to it.

Jericho was probably drunk. He's a great showman and you would think would make a perfect host for a rock/metal awards show since he has his own band and is a huge fan of metal. He was there with all his metal buddies so he was probably partying most of the day leading up to it.

Guys!!!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

Story time!

Last year I went to Vegas to see the Scorpions and Queensryche. Also Billy Idol the following night!!

So after the Scorpions show I see this big tough guy with blonde hair, decked out in leather. He came up to me and told me that he loved my Hemispheres shirt. Told me that he loves RUSH too! So that was it for me! BOOM! We talked for ten minutes!! So he had this handler who came up to me while he signed a few autographs for some drunk chicks. The handler said, "do you know who he is?" I said have no clue! He said, "Well ok he really likes talking metal with you!" I said, "I know! He's totally cool cat!" So this guy decked in leather and I kept talking for a few more minutes. I shook his hand, got my picture with him and took off.

After that some dude came up to me and he said, "Do you know who that is? I whispered... "nope but he's cool!" He told me that he is a wrestler and in the band FOZZY. I said, "cool!" I've owned some FOZZY but wasn't that impressed with it.

I was just telling DUCK in a PM a few days ago. Pat asked which wrestler I met at the Scorpions concert! Well? It was Chris Jericho! Thanks J2112! I did't know who he was until my buddy told last night at Dream Theater.

Crazy!!

It's so cool to yourself and talk music with celebrities who are actually down to earth and care!! Obviously I'm not into wrestling or into FOZZY, but Chirs is fuckking cool!

I knew I recognized him on the Loudwire show but yeah he seemed to be drunk or something. Perhaps nerves? I would doubt that!!!

• Like 1

Guys!!!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

Story time!

Last year I went to Vegas to see the Scorpions and Queensryche. Also Billy Idol the following night!!

So after the Scorpions show I see this big tough guy with blonde hair, decked out in leather. He came up to me and told me that he loved my Hemispheres shirt. Told me that he loves RUSH too! So that was it for me! BOOM! We talked for ten minutes!! So he had this handler who came up to me while he signed a few autographs for some drunk chicks. The handler said, "do you know who he is?" I said have no clue! He said, "Well ok he really likes talking metal with you!" I said, "I know! He's totally cool cat!" So this guy decked in leather and I kept talking for a few more minutes. I shook his hand, got my picture with him and took off.

After that some dude came up to me and he said, "Do you know who that is? I whispered... "nope but he's cool!" He told me that he is a wrestler and in the band FOZZY. I said, "cool!" I've owned some FOZZY but wasn't that impressed with it.

I was just telling DUCK in a PM a few days ago. Pat asked which wrestler I met at the Scorpions concert! Well? It was Chris Jericho! Thanks J2112! I did't know who he was until my buddy told last night at Dream Theater.

Crazy!!

It's so cool to yourself and talk music with celebrities who are actually down to earth and care!! Obviously I'm not into wrestling or into FOZZY, but Chirs is fuckking cool!

I knew I recognized him on the Loudwire show but yeah he seemed to be drunk or something. Perhaps nerves? I would doubt that!!!

Great story!

Yeah, if you're not a pro wrestling fan then you probably wouldn't know the difference between Jericho and any other random metal head at a concert. The only reason his band is known is because he became such a popular wrestler. Jericho has had a podcast for a few years now and he's always comes across as really cool and would be a blast to hang out with and just talk metal and wrestling all day. His podcast usually has a wrestling or music guest on. He's gotten a lot of cool musicians to be on the podcast as well. I'm guessing he knew that you didn't have a clue who he was and just enjoyed talking music with someone without being bothered by fans. But from what I can tell he always seems like a person who tries to make time for the fans and treat them well.

Jericho is Canadian so of course he loves Rush. I think it's a law up there.

• Like 1

Guys!!!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

Story time!

Crazy!!

Great story!

Yeah, if you're not a pro wrestling fan then you probably wouldn't know the difference between Jericho and any other random metal head at a concert. The only reason his band is known is because he became such a popular wrestler. Jericho has had a podcast for a few years now and he's always comes across as really cool and would be a blast to hang out with and just talk metal and wrestling all day. His podcast usually has a wrestling or music guest on. He's gotten a lot of cool musicians to be on the podcast as well. I'm guessing he knew that you didn't have a clue who he was and just enjoyed talking music with someone without being bothered by fans. But from what I can tell he always seems like a person who tries to make time for the fans and treat them well.

Hahaha! Thanks for some history on him! He was such a cool guy! No wonder he loved my "Hemispheres" shirt!!! SWEET!!!! He knew his shit man! Excellent metal knowledge! He kept up with me for ten minutes! LOL!!! Eddie Trunk was there in the lobby by the bar. He was a jerk! I hugged Mikki Dee! Ian Scott was the DJ! They were playing hard rock and metal all night in the Hard Rock!! I talked with Eddie Jackson and Wilton too! It was a HOOT!!! Hanging out at the Hard Rock with many of my METAL HEROS!!!!!!

• Like 1

Guys!!!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

Story time!

Crazy!!

Great story!

Hahaha! Thanks for some history on him! He was such a cool guy! No wonder he loved my "Hemispheres" shirt!!! SWEET!!!! He knew his shit man! Excellent metal knowledge! He kept up with me for ten minutes! LOL!!! Eddie Trunk was there in the lobby by the bar. He was a jerk! I hugged Mikki Dee! Ian Scott was the DJ! They were playing hard rock and metal all night in the Hard Rock!! I talked with Eddie Jackson and Wilton too! It was a HOOT!!! Hanging out at the Hard Rock with many of my METAL HEROS!!!!!!

Jericho certainly knows his metal. He's in his mid 40s so he grew up with all the old school shit while it was happening just like you did. Eddie Trunk does seem like a bit of a jerk. Not sure how he became as well known as he has or why people put any stock in what he thinks about music.

• Like 1

Guys!!!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

Story time!

Crazy!!

Great story!

Jericho certainly knows his metal. He's in his mid 40s so he grew up with all the old school shit while it was happening just like you did. Eddie Trunk does seem like a bit of a jerk. Not sure how he became as well known as he has or why people put any stock in what he thinks about music.

Absolutely!!! I've heard from many friends and a few rock star friends of mine that he really is a prick off camera. I saw it with my own eyes when I met him in Vegas.

Yes! Jericho and I grew up on the same old school shit that I would embrace and love until the day I die!

HEAVY METAL!

PROG!

HARD ROCK!!!!!

Listening to some MAX WEBSTER right now!

"CHECK!"

LOL!