106 replies to this topic

#81 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

View Postfraroc, on 28 October 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

So he just went with what Neil is doing, again.

That is so disappointing.

Right right. He should've put a gun to Neil's head and forced him to continue like any other rock 'n roll front man would've.

Sponsored Post

#82 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

How so?  To me it was the perfect time to quit.

#83 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 28 October 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

How so?  To me it was the perfect time to quit.

Perfect.

Seeing "Losing It" in the third row in LA was simply perfect.

Says it all.

DONE.

#84 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

I honestly thought that he was finally going to announce that LeeLifeson was happening or that he had at least some modicum of interest in doing another solo album or musical project....But no, he's just going to let Neil's retirement dictate his future. Geddy is an amazing person and my personal favorite bassist....but he needs to grow a spine.

#85 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

So is there any place to watch this now?

#86 BenjaminW

BenjaminW

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Music and History

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

View Postfraroc, on 29 October 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I honestly thought that he was finally going to announce that LeeLifeson was happening or that he had at least some modicum of interest in doing another solo album or musical project....But no, he's just going to let Neil's retirement dictate his future. Geddy is an amazing person and my personal favorite bassist....but he needs to grow a spine.
All I hope is for at least one more album instead of letting Neil's retirement be Rush's ultimate future. As much as I deeply respect Neil since he is my favorite drummer and my hero, my respect for him is somewhat slipping away because his retirement just set off a domino effect of Rush's career going down the tubes in terms of what the future holds.

#87 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60981 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 October 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

View PostRushFanForever, on 25 October 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

View Posttheredtamasrule, on 24 October 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Don’t have AXS so couldn’t watch. Anyone want to share spoilery thoughts/insights/interesting moments?

For those who don't have access to AXS TV, the episode will be made available for digital purchase the following day for $2 at this location here.

I've posted this twice already. Nobody has to worry about missing the interview as long as they buy the 'effing' clip. Does anyone pay attention to details in posts?

AXS is showing the Geddy Lee interview again on channel 746 if you have Xfinity. 5:00 pm PST.  I am taping it.

Tape?  What is this TAPE you speak of?  Should we show it to the Priests of the Temple?  :) :) :)

#88 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60981 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

The best news any Rush fan could hear is that they are done.

#89 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18678 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostBenjaminW, on 29 October 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

All I hope is for at least one more album instead of letting Neil's retirement be Rush's ultimate future. As much as I deeply respect Neil since he is my favorite drummer and my hero, my respect for him is somewhat slipping away because his retirement just set off a domino effect of Rush's career going down the tubes in terms of what the future holds.
Let them be.

#90 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostJaminbenb, on 29 October 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

You can buy it from here for $2 to view.

For those that upload the episode on YouTube, at some point it will be taken down due to a copyright claim by AXS TV.

We can't always get 'something for nothing'.

Edited by RushFanForever, 29 October 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#91 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10815 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

fraroc, near the end of the interview, Geddy clearly said that there will come a time when he will "feed the beast" - put something together, record music and tour ...

Here is a periscope for those who missed it

https://www.pscp.tv/...l/1vAxRMoBArPJl

#92 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostLucas, on 29 October 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

fraroc, near the end of the interview, Geddy clearly said that there will come a time when he will "feed the beast" - put something together, record music and tour ...

Those periscope postings have terrible quality. I'd rather buy the clip that has good video and audio quality.

#93 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10815 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostRushFanForever, on 29 October 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 29 October 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Those periscope postings have terrible quality. I'd rather buy the clip that has good video and audio quality.

yes, you are right - I agree

Plus, there's a moment during the interview in which the periscoping person's cat is meowing, and it sounds as if it is coming from Geddy's house

#94 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53784 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostReRushed, on 29 October 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Let them be.
Words of wisdom.

#95 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15996 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

Neil has a second chance at family life after not being there much for his first family due to touring and then the demise of that family.  How selfish would we be to ask for more?  Btw, I don’t think they can make money on an album so, as much as I wouldn’t mind new music, it doesn’t make sense to record and not tour.  They’re not going to spend months working on something to hopefully break even.

#96 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

I respect the fact that Geddy respects Neil's decision... Especially given that if it were up to Ged, Rush would seemingly have a more clear future. For years, Neil toured when he didn't want to. As Ged says, if the 3 of them aren't on board, they don't move forward as a unit. The fact that Ged means it is very admirable (IMO)

#97 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostRushFanForever, on 29 October 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

View PostJaminbenb, on 29 October 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

You can buy it from here for $2 to view.

For those that upload the episode on YouTube, at some point it will be taken down due to a copyright claim by AXS TV.

We can't always get 'something for nothing'.

Thanks!

#98 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

I believe the song 'The Garden' was a hint at what would be at the end of the band as well, especially for Neil.

#99 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

I don’t know why anyone would want them to keep going when they’re not at the top of their game anymore. It would be terrible to see them become one of those bands that just don’t know when to quit.

#100 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 31 October 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

I don’t know why anyone would want them to keep going when they’re not at the top of their game anymore. It would be terrible to see them become one of those bands that just don’t know when to quit.

I don’t know but last time I saw them they were very much at “the top of their game”.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users