Forgotten & Obscure Prog Gems!

Nate2112

A year or so ago when we had the Top Prog Albums Of All Time list going, it was not only great fun, but I tried tracking down some of the more obscure albums on CD .. It seemed like ever other day at work I'd have a package from Poland or Japan or Italy arriving with some great, forgotten album ..

Hands self titled album from 1977 is great

Canamii's "Concept" is brilliant in spots

My favorite from that time was Pythagoras' "Journey To The Vast Unknown" .. The final 10 or 12 minutes of this sparse album are gut wrenchingly beautiful

Edited by Lucas

One of the most overlooked prog acts. They were really a brilliant live band throughout the years.

R.I.P. Roye

Played this album a lot when it was released. I can't remember how I knew about Nektar ( most likely a friend turned me on to them ).

Edited by custom55

One of the most overlooked prog acts. They were really a brilliant live band throughout the years.

R.I.P. Roye

Played this album a lot when it was released. I can't remember how I knew about Nektar ( most likely a friend turned me on to them ).

Have you seen them live back then?

• Like 1

R.I.P. Roye

Great album, Recycled is another classic.
  • Like 1

R.I.P. Roye

Have you seen them live back then?

Sadly, no.

R.I.P. Roye

Great album, Recycled is another classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8UfqlwiJOk

• Like 1

Very much into the Strawbs in the early '70. I turned my buddy on to them and he 'really' got into the band. He bought a pub in the early 80's and had The Strawbs ( acoustic ) play at his pub and sleep at his home.

I met the members of YES and talked extensively about The Strawbs with Rick Wakeman. Love Rick...

http://youtu.be/PK7LpNfadb8

Edited by custom55