Green Day last night

PuppetKing2112

I saw Green Day last Sat. here in SF. I couldn't agree more with this review. They were truly amazing. I wasn't a big fan of theirs, my 12 year old wanted to see them so I took her. I was really blown away. I became a fan of their music. The singer really took control of the crowd right from the gate & never let go. I was a very fun show. I went sort of thinking I would be bored & ended up having a blast. One of the best shows I have ever been to.

The part about Jimmy Eats World is dead on too, they were boirng as hell !!

The one thing left out was the openeing band: Flogging Molly. Maybe they didn't play in Portland? These guys totally kicked ass !!!! Irish Punk, complete with fiddle, tin flute & mandolin...They totally rocked the crowd. They blew away Jimmy Eats World. Tons of energy & really into the show.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 29 2005, 11:05 AM)
I saw Green Day last Sat. here in SF. I couldn't agree more with this review. They were truly amazing. I wasn't a big fan of theirs, my 12 year old wanted to see them so I took her. I was really blown away. I became a fan of their music. The singer really took control of the crowd right from the gate & never let go. I was a very fun show. I went sort of thinking I would be bored & ended up having a blast. One of the best shows I have ever been to.

The one thing left out was the openeing band: Flogging Molly. Maybe they didn't play in Portland? These guys totally kicked ass !!!! Irish Punk, complete with fiddle, tin flute & mandolin...They totally rocked the crowd. They blew away Jimmy Eats World. Tons of energy & really into the show.

No, Flogging Molly only did San Francisco. Right now they are in Japan, they played a gig in Japan 2 days after the SBC Park one.

Great review though, sounds like you had a blast at the show. I passed seeing them last week, largely because I really didnt wanna go to a place as big as a stadium to see them. There are just way too many people. And your assessment of Jimmy Eat World was right on too, they were the same way when I saw them back in June at the BFD Festival in CA. I never really was the biggest Green Day fan to tell you the truth, but I do know they are incredible performers, and that alone is worth seeing. That truely makes the show what is enjoyable.

Coincidentally, I just got some secret news (ok not really that secret), that Green Day will be playing a few gigs in their home town of San Francisco in the next three weeks to some intimate venue. If at all possible, I will make it to that one. I didnt at all wanna see them in a 40,000 seat stadium, but a nice ~1500 or so place like the Fillmore would be MUCH nicer biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 29 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 29 2005, 11:05 AM)
I saw Green Day last Sat. here in SF.  I couldn't agree more with this review.  They were truly amazing.  I wasn't a big fan of theirs, my 12 year old wanted to see them so I took her.  I was really blown away.  I became a fan of their music.  The singer really took control of the crowd right from the gate & never let go.  I was a very fun show.  I went sort of thinking I would be bored & ended up having a blast.  One of the best shows I have ever been to.

The one thing left out was the openeing band:  Flogging Molly. Maybe they didn't play in Portland?  These guys totally kicked ass !!!!  Irish Punk, complete with fiddle, tin flute & mandolin...They totally rocked the crowd.  They blew away Jimmy Eats World.  Tons of energy & really into the show.

No, Flogging Molly only did San Francisco. Right now they are in Japan, they played a gig in Japan 2 days after the SBC Park one.

Great review though, sounds like you had a blast at the show. I passed seeing them last week, largely because I really didnt wanna go to a place as big as a stadium to see them. There are just way too many people. And your assessment of Jimmy Eat World was right on too, they were the same way when I saw them back in June at the BFD Festival in CA. I never really was the biggest Green Day fan to tell you the truth, but I do know they are incredible performers, and that alone is worth seeing. That truely makes the show what is enjoyable.

Coincidentally, I just got some secret news (ok not really that secret), that Green Day will be playing a few gigs in their home town of San Francisco in the next three weeks to some intimate venue. If at all possible, I will make it to that one. I didnt at all wanna see them in a 40,000 seat stadium, but a nice ~1500 or so place like the Fillmore would be MUCH nicer biggrin.gif

I HATE YOU

Nowadays, when Green Day plays an intimate venue, that means they will be playing American Idiot front-to-back the way the Who did Tommy in the 70s. They only played like half the album Wednesday night.

Archived