Finalizing My Rush Senior Quote

Justus_2112

21 members have voted

1. 1. Help Me Pick My Senior Quote

• "All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars." -Rush, The Pass
    • "Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more." -Rush, One Little Victory
    • "The point of the journey is not to arrive." -Rush, Prime Mover
    • "It takes some time and trouble to separate from the stock." -Rush, Grand Designs
    • "Why move around the world when Eden was so near?" -Rush, Territories

I did a forum on this already, asking for suggestions. I picked some of my favorite, as well as some I thought of myself. I have to submit it by this Friday. Which Rush quote do you think is the best for a senior quote?

"We're only immortal for a limited time."

Oh, wait...you might be referring to a different kind of senior.

"The fullness of time is the only return that you expect."

Ehhhmmm...

On second thought...I've got nothin'.

Of the ones you listed, the one from The Pass is the only one I'd not use at all. It's trite and what someone would expect in a senior quote. Branch out, be different.

Actually, it's a little better than you think.....it's Paraphrasing Lady Windermeres fan by Oscar Wilde

• Like 1

Of the ones you listed, the one from The Pass is the only one I'd not use at all. It's trite and what someone would expect in a senior quote. Branch out, be different.

Actually, it's a little better than you think.....it's Paraphrasing Lady Windermeres fan by Oscar Wilde

I don't care who he's (Neil) plagiarizing quoting, it's still trite and a quote that will be laughed at except by some Rush fans. IMO.

I'll suggest "The point of the journey is not to arrive." Even if you don't use that one, you get a lot out of life if you remember as you're going through things that life is a journey as well as a destination . . . . Edited by blueschica

I don't care who he's (Neil) plagiarizing quoting, it's still trite and a quote that will be laughed at except by some Rush fans. IMO.

I'm with Fridge and Blueschica on this one. While perhaps lacking in some originality (who hasn't heard "stop and smell the roses"?), it is a lesson all too frequently forgotten, or even more commonly, put off for a future day, "when time allows." Unfortunately for most of us, time simply doesn't allow, you have to take it, hence the quote. The fact I used the quote in my father's eulogy last year isn't shading my judgment any...

• Like 1

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Doesn't seem trite to me.

• Like 1

I think you may have a point there. It is very generic and senior quote-ish. Many people at my school know me as the guy who doesn't give a crap about what society likes. I'm a seventeen year old Rush fan! That's why I couldn't use "Be cool or be cast out," because to me, it doesn't matter if I'm cool or cast out, as long as I'm happy with myself. It all kinda makes the Grand Designs quote seem a lot more appealing to me, as I do tend to separate from the stock.

Thanks for the insight!

• Like 1

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Doesn't seem trite to me.

Except that's not a choice listed.

Thank you all for your insight, the discussion helped me a lot to make a decision. Even though at the time I am writing this, the Prime Mover quote is in the lead, I want to go with the quote from Grand Designs, as I feel it best summarizes my high school life. (And comes from one of my top 3 favorite Rush songs.)
  • Like 1