Jump to content


The duckBlaze GODS of the Cinema : The Finals


  • Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: The Finals (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your duckBlaze GOD of the Cinema.

  1. Jeff Bridges (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

  2. Robert DeNiro (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  3. Clint Eastwood (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 37.50%

  4. Gene Hackman (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  5. Christopher Lee (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

  6. Jack Nicholson (3 votes [12.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  7. Gary Oldman (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  8. Al Pacino (5 votes [20.83%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

Jesus!  One vote for Jack.  Mine!

Sponsored Post

#42 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Jesus!  One vote for Jack.  Mine!

Why's that shocking? He's only behind the lead by 2.
And Bobby, Gene, and Chris have got 0 votes.

#43 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Jesus!  One vote for Jack.  Mine!

Why's that shocking? He's only behind the lead by 2.
And Bobby, Gene, and Chris have got 0 votes.

If it's a baseball score 3-1 sucks Johnny.

I figured Jack would obtain more votes.

#44 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Jesus!  One vote for Jack.  Mine!

Why's that shocking? He's only behind the lead by 2.
And Bobby, Gene, and Chris have got 0 votes.

If it's a baseball score 3-1 sucks Johnny.

I figured Jack would obtain more votes.

If it's basketball, it's nothing.

#45 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1835 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

 JohnnyBlaze, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 21 October 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 21 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

You are correct.  I breezed through the first few rounds.

Jack
Clint
Al
Robert

Ugh

You could bypass all the angst and just vote for Jeff.

What is your favorite from Jeff? "All of them" isn't an answer. ;)

Your least favorite?

Any bad movies from him? I fell asleep during that Tron sequel and there's no way R.I.P.D. could've been good.

Hmmm...Favorites: Starman, The Big Lebowski, The Last Picture Show, True Grit, The Fisher King, Fabulous Baker Boys

Least Favorites: Tron Legacy (though I love the look of the movie), Seventh Son... (though it could be said that he is the best thing in those two movies)

and I actually kinda like R.I.P.D.  It had its funny moments.

#46 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 21 October 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 21 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

You are correct.  I breezed through the first few rounds.

Jack
Clint
Al
Robert

Ugh

You could bypass all the angst and just vote for Jeff.

What is your favorite from Jeff? "All of them" isn't an answer. ;)

Your least favorite?

Any bad movies from him? I fell asleep during that Tron sequel and there's no way R.I.P.D. could've been good.

Hmmm...Favorites: Starman, The Big Lebowski, The Last Picture Show, True Grit, The Fisher King, Fabulous Baker Boys

Least Favorites: Tron Legacy (though I love the look of the movie), Seventh Son... (though it could be said that he is the best thing in those two movies)

and I actually kinda like R.I.P.D.  It had its funny moments.

Which would be your absolute favorite?

And I don't believe you about RIPD...it had Ryan Reynolds for Pete's sake! :P

#47 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Jesus!  One vote for Jack.  Mine!

Why's that shocking? He's only behind the lead by 2.
And Bobby, Gene, and Chris have got 0 votes.

If it's a baseball score 3-1 sucks Johnny.

I figured Jack would obtain more votes.

If it's basketball, it's nothing.

Hahahahaha!

Well played sir.

Unlike my Golden State Warriors.

#48 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1835 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 21 October 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 21 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

You are correct.  I breezed through the first few rounds.

Jack
Clint
Al
Robert

Ugh

You could bypass all the angst and just vote for Jeff.

What is your favorite from Jeff? "All of them" isn't an answer. ;)

Your least favorite?

Any bad movies from him? I fell asleep during that Tron sequel and there's no way R.I.P.D. could've been good.

Hmmm...Favorites: Starman, The Big Lebowski, The Last Picture Show, True Grit, The Fisher King, Fabulous Baker Boys

Least Favorites: Tron Legacy (though I love the look of the movie), Seventh Son... (though it could be said that he is the best thing in those two movies)

and I actually kinda like R.I.P.D.  It had its funny moments.

Which would be your absolute favorite?

And I don't believe you about RIPD...it had Ryan Reynolds for Pete's sake! :P

Probably The Big Lebowski (though I'm not sure that could be construed as Jeff's 'best' acting work, just ultimately, in my opinion, his most entertaining one)

And shut up, I love Ryan Reynolds.  :poke:

#49 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1835 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

And who better to embody the God of Cinema than The Dude?

#50 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And who better to embody the God of Cinema than The Dude?

That I will agree with.  His best role by far. However, timing is everything.  Listening to the new John Carpenter Anthology tonight.  "STARMAN" just played.  Love that theme!

Underrated flick!

#51 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:05 AM

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

 JohnnyBlaze, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 21 October 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 RUSHHEAD666, on 21 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

You are correct.  I breezed through the first few rounds.

Jack
Clint
Al
Robert

Ugh

You could bypass all the angst and just vote for Jeff.

What is your favorite from Jeff? "All of them" isn't an answer. ;)

Your least favorite?

Any bad movies from him? I fell asleep during that Tron sequel and there's no way R.I.P.D. could've been good.

Hmmm...Favorites: Starman, The Big Lebowski, The Last Picture Show, True Grit, The Fisher King, Fabulous Baker Boys

Least Favorites: Tron Legacy (though I love the look of the movie), Seventh Son... (though it could be said that he is the best thing in those two movies)

and I actually kinda like R.I.P.D.  It had its funny moments.

Which would be your absolute favorite?

And I don't believe you about RIPD...it had Ryan Reynolds for Pete's sake! :P

Probably The Big Lebowski (though I'm not sure that could be construed as Jeff's 'best' acting work, just ultimately, in my opinion, his most entertaining one)

And shut up, I love Ryan Reynolds.  :poke:

Even Reynolds knows he sucks! :lol: So much so that he's ripped himself in film. That was his best single moment (it happened in Deadpool, a movie I didn't like).

#52 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

 RUSHHEAD666, on 22 October 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And who better to embody the God of Cinema than The Dude?

That I will agree with.  His best role by far. However, timing is everything.  Listening to the new John Carpenter Anthology tonight.  "STARMAN" just played.  Love that theme!

Underrated flick!

The movie was good but I saw a few episodes of the tv series that followed and oh man was it bad

#53 Stormtron

Stormtron

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:35 AM

I saw Starman again a few weeks ago. Starbaby looked like something out of The Thing. BURN IT.

#54 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

 Stormtron, on 22 October 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I saw Starman again a few weeks ago. Starbaby looked like something out of The Thing. BURN IT.

I don't remember any Starbaby looking like that. Similar to Total Recall's stomach mutant, Kuato? :popcorn:
I should check it out again as its been decades

#55 Stormtron

Stormtron

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

 JohnnyBlaze, on 22 October 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

 Stormtron, on 22 October 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I saw Starman again a few weeks ago. Starbaby looked like something out of The Thing. BURN IT.

I don't remember any Starbaby looking like that. Similar to Total Recall's stomach mutant, Kuato? :popcorn:
I should check it out again as its been decades

I was exaggerating a bit, but the baby was definitely weird looking. Karen Allen is way too calm watching that thing turn into The Dude in a matter of seconds.

#56 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

The thing about Jeff Bridges is, ever since he played "The Dude" he's garnered some kind of cult following which obscures everything else. Nowadays he seems to have adopted a mush-mouthed Civil War colonel persona like he banged his head and afterwards thought he was in 1859. So there's Jeff before the dude and Jeff after the dude.

#57 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5858 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

I voted for Robert DeNiro.  I can't believe I'm the only vote! Watch "Bang the Drum Slowly," if nothing else; you will see the man can act.  Or the transformation of Travis Bickle in "Taxi Driver", that's another great one.  As he has gotten older he's had a tendency to phone in things like "Meet the Fockers", but when he is on he is great.  He has played a whole range of characters and been believable, which was kind of my thing with voting in these polls.  To me, Kevin Costner is the same guy no matter what role you put him in, although he's excellent in films like "Field of Dreams" where they need that kind of guy.

#58 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53759 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And who better to embody the God of Cinema than The Dude?
Al Pacino.

Hoorah!

#59 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

 goose, on 22 October 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

 Alien Girl, on 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And who better to embody the God of Cinema than The Dude?
Al Pacino.

Hoorah!
It's hoo-hah Mr Pacino fan!

#60 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Christopher Lee has no votes yet but I'm happy with him just making the final which I didn't expect.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users