54 replies to this topic

#1 oghond2112

oghond2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone here had the insane privilege of meeting the Bass God of the Holy Triumvate, Mr. Geddy Lee himself? If so, what was it like?

Note: I have not met Geddy Lee, but if I did, I would probably scream and freak out.

Sponsored Post

#2 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18930 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 17 October 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Has anyone here had the insane privilege of meeting the Bass God of the Holy Triumvate, Mr. Geddy Lee himself? If so, what was it like?

Note: I have not met Geddy Lee, but if I did, I would probably scream and freak out.

I can't say that I met him, but I did exchange a couple of words with him after he and Alex had concluded a RockLine radio broadcast. He was as cool as can be expected for someone who just wanted to get back to his hotel room.

edit: Actually he was cooler than that.

Edited by JARG, 17 October 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#3 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 34021 posts
  • Interests:The Cure and 80's music

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Iv'e never met him sadly

#4 oghond2112

oghond2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

View PostJARG, on 17 October 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

I can't say that I met him, but I did exchange a couple of words with him after he and Alex had concluded a RockLine radio broadcast. He was as cool as can be expected for someone who just wanted to get back to his hotel room.

So... it seems like he's just as much of a nice guy as they say he is in real life.

#5 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18930 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 17 October 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 17 October 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

So... it seems like he's just as much of a nice guy as they say he is in real life.

I can’t really say— a 30 second interaction isn’t much to base such an opinion.

#6 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

Was hoping this was the triumphant return of Melodic777.

#7 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

I won a meet and greet from a radio contest during the R30 tour.  So I got about 15 seconds with Geddy and Alex.  Just enough time to shake hands, thank them for all of their inspirational music, and get my picture taken so the next person in line could get their 15 seconds.

#8 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

I had a meet and greet on the first leg of the S&A tour.  Meet and greets are VERY brief - what picture-takers at Disney World secretly call a "love and shove" - snap snap, NEXT!  The experience barely registers.  If I had it to do over, I'd take sharp notice of EVERYTHING, down to the feel of their calloused hands as I shook them.

I knew I didn't have long, so I went to Geddy, shook his hand, and said "Thanks for all the years of inspiration." I shook Alex's hand and said "Alex... Mark."  Snap snap, NEXT.  But they seemed very nice.

#9 Geddy Jazz

Geddy Jazz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Rush

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Never met him...watched him to his "thing" :geddy: onstage several times.....I am expecting for his word :codger: on The Geddy Lee's  Big "Beautiful" Book of Bass.....cant wait until fall 2018

#10 New Digital Man

New Digital Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

It would be more interesting to hear about an accidental off duty meeting rather than the same routine that everyone goes through at a meet and greet, he's always travelling so somebody must have bumped into him somewhere? I'm regularly in the near vicinity of his London apartment and always keep an eye out for him wandering around!

#11 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3763 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

I met him once and he was just ok as far as his mood goes. I wouldn't say he was rude, maybe just a little aloof. Oh wait, you're asking about Geddy, the bass god is Chris Squire. Never mind.

#12 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

My family spent the afternoon with them a few years ago. They all were very nice and hospitable but Geddy seemed the most “stand-offish” out of the three. Talking to him was like talking to someone who lives on a whole different level than us mere mortals. Very intelligent. Alex was very engaging. I had a couple 20 minute conversations with him. Neil was very personable and funny.

Edited by Mr. JD, 18 October 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#13 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1738 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Yes. I have met Victor Wooten many times. Very nice man.

Edited by edhunter, 18 October 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#14 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1738 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Oh. Geddy. Yes. Met him too. Got the photo.

Edited by edhunter, 18 October 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#15 oghond2112

oghond2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 18 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

My family spent the afternoon with them a few years ago. They all were very nice and hospitable but Geddy seemed the most “stand-offish” out of the three. Talking to him was like talking to someone who lives on a whole different level than us mere mortals. Very intelligent. Alex was very engaging. I had a couple 20 minute conversations with him. Neil was very personable and funny.

OH MY WORD!!! Lucky you!! I REALLY want to meet Geddy...

Wait, HE seemed the most reserved? Huh. I thought that honor would go to Neil instead.

#16 BenjaminW

BenjaminW

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music and History

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 18 October 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

I met him once and he was just ok as far as his mood goes. I wouldn't say he was rude, maybe just a little aloof. Oh wait, you're asking about Geddy, the bass god is Chris Squire. Never mind.
Chris is second in my book.

#17 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3763 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostBenjaminW, on 18 October 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 18 October 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Chris is second in my book.
Your book needed a different editor.   :lol:

#18 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8618 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

I never met him, but I found out last Sunday that he lives less than 5km away from my place!!! He lives in Rosedale in Toronto, and I run with a group there. One of my fellow runners said he saw Geddy walking his dog there a couple of years ago, and that actor Eugene Levy lives there too.

#19 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3044 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

I haven't met him.

Edited by Boots, 19 October 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 19 October 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I never met him, but I found out last Sunday that he lives less than 5km away from my place!!! He lives in Rosedale in Toronto, and I run with a group there. One of my fellow runners said he saw Geddy walking his dog there a couple of years ago, and that actor Eugene Levy lives there too.

I have heard that he has been seen walking his dogs at the park there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users