Some fun...ny

Saint NIck

Hi my RUSH Family, a little something funny for Y'all; yesterday morning I arrived very early at the Superdome for the Saints game. I'm sitting on a bench right near the Pelicans pick-up-shoot-around court, and couple of kids are playing one-on-one. The kid on defense says, "...I'm gonna bust the shit out of you..." to the other; I like to spit out my Pepsi, and just got a giggle out of it. No, they didn't fight; but you should've seen the look on the kids' face...he was ticked about something. Yesterday's game was the first without Dad...being home to talk about it; he'd sometimes tell me, "...they played like shit..." and many times he was right. Dad & I only went to one Saints game...a pre-season game here at Dome against Cleveland back-back-back in 1982. He never really shown any interest in going to the games; just the comfort of watching from home...not having to stand in line for the bathroom and / or for food & drinks. Dad was a smoker, but never drank any kind of alcohol. Me, the same, I may be in the minority here of never drinking ( except for a few sips of a strawberry daquari when I was 15 in 1984 ), never smoking ( except too much second-hand ) and attending mass every day. Yet, I do say some bad words, especially at Saints games when they on the verge of blowing a 35 point lead. I had tears at the game yesterday, and have cried some everyday; and / but I'm trying to have some fun; Dad would want me to. Love Y'all.
  • Like 4

Hi my RUSH Family, a little something funny for Y'all; yesterday morning I arrived very early at the Superdome for the Saints game. I'm sitting on a bench right near the Pelicans pick-up-shoot-around court, and couple of kids are playing one-on-one. The kid on defense says, "...I'm gonna bust the shit out of you..." to the other; I like to spit out my Pepsi, and just got a giggle out of it. No, they didn't fight; but you should've seen the look on the kids' face...he was ticked about something. Yesterday's game was the first without Dad...being home to talk about it; he'd sometimes tell me, "...they played like shit..." and many times he was right. Dad & I only went to one Saints game...a pre-season game here at Dome against Cleveland back-back-back in 1982. He never really shown any interest in going to the games; just the comfort of watching from home...not having to stand in line for the bathroom and / or for food & drinks. Dad was a smoker, but never drank any kind of alcohol. Me, the same, I may be in the minority here of never drinking ( except for a few sips of a strawberry daquari when I was 15 in 1984 ), never smoking ( except too much second-hand ) and attending mass every day. Yet, I do say some bad words, especially at Saints games when they on the verge of blowing a 35 point lead. I had tears at the game yesterday, and have cried some everyday; and / but I'm trying to have some fun; Dad would want me to. Love Y'all.

Glad the game brought back some good memories of your dad and that the Saints brought in a big win for you! I've been thinking of you; I'm glad you got to go out and do something you enjoy since you've just been through a lot. Take care.

• Like 1

Thanks Saint Nick, keep these posts coming

I lost Mom September 1st, and she was a big Eagles fan ... I am a Bronco fan, but we'd always watch the games together as the Eagles usually play at 1pm and the Broncos at 4:25 ..

Anyways, my sis was never a big NFL fan .... but earlier this season when the Eagles played the Giants, my sis and I watched the game ... That was the game in which the Eagles' rookie kicker Jake Elliott boomed the game winning 61 yarder as time expired ..

As the eagles lined up for that kick, I explained to my sis that if he hits this FG, the Eagles win .. but at 61 yards, it was a longshot ...

And as that kick sailed thru, my sis started crying .. and I can't say that I didn't either .... She is totally into the games now and doesn't miss a week :LOL:

• Like 2