RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 33641 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:46 AM

View Postbootruss, on 19 March 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

How did it go? Lol

Haha!

I am a broken Rush record on this forum and everyone who knows me is sick of this but it's an interesting story regardless of the outcome.

Hoping to add some entertainment in your life.  I'm listening to some Blue Oyster Cult as I type.

My ex brother in law knew the guy who ran the Concord Pavilion back in 2002.

We literally parked next to Neil's bus.
Both motorcycles were out on display.  LOL

I was with my ex wife too.  It was just the three of us.
My ex bro in law is still amazing and in my life today.  I love him.
As for my ex wire, I mean ex wife.  "The way out is the way in" bitch.  LOL!  Sorry.

I'll reel it in.  She's not that bad Mother of my amazing daughters.  Suxxx  paying "The Big Money" no matter where you live on the earth.  This is public record.  I have no fear or care.  73 knows me and he is fuckking cool.
Should have been banned 12 years ago.  LOL!

Anyway...

Where was I?
Oh yeah.......

Neil Peart. My total influence as a drummer.  My MAN!  My total inspiration and love next to my amazing parents.

So Johnny, my EX and I park next to Neil's bus.

I'm like little Earl boy in Toys R Us back in 1977 wishing to buy every Star Wars toy in the building.

I literally walked or waltz around Neil's bikes.  Then we walked in.  Met the guy and got our VIP free tickets.

As Wendy, My EX, Johnny and I were actually just walking away from Neil's bus, we all hear a......."HELLO!  HELLO!"

I turn around and I see Neil.

He is dressed in black from neck to toe.  Looked like a red bloated drunk Johnny Cash.  I kid you not.

I thought Neil was talking to me, but he was trying to flag down a security guard.  
Not because of me, he wanted something.

But in my young mind, I though he was flagging me down.

One of the greatest top ten Rush Fans on the planet Earth of all time!  LOL!

Oh I have the credentials. HA!

I walked right up to Neil as he stayed close to his bus door.

All I wanted to say was......  "Thanks Neil I've been playing the drums for 30 years thanks to you!"
I didn't want a thing from him.
But I couldn't get the words out and hell I am not some lame star struck person.
I've met so many nice famous people on the earth.

Instead I just gazed into Neil's eyes.
Neil gazed back.
I had a 10 second window.

Two deers in headlights.

I had a fuckking Mexican Standoff with Neil.

Tarantino would have been proud!

As I inched closer Neil recoiled like a recluse spider back on his bus and closed the door!

I turned around and walked back up to my ex wife and ex bro in law.

I had a few tears in my eyes and we walked into the venue.

My buddy Paul who used to be in the prog band Enchant and Doug Ott who is still kicking ass in Enchant were near me.

I told them my story.  They laughed.

A senseless late night Enchant plug.

Blueprints Of The World!  LOL!

I love my Enchant friends!

RUSH RULES!

I hung out with Geddy and Alex on the GUP IV Tour in October of last year.

Met the most amazing people along the way.

I think if you want to live a wonderful you have to take risks and just go for it.

I've met Geddy, Alex and Neil in 2002.

They are my guys.

Since 1981.

Should have been 1980.

Yet another story.

I won't bore you the reader.

Rush is my band.

Regardless of this forum or just amazing people I meet on this Earth.

I have a million stories about this band and people who I have met.

Yet, I'm learning to keep my mouth shut even though I type this shit with my fingers.  LOL!

RUSH RULES FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!!

I have so many stories about this band that I can't even share on here and I have not filter.

I am not an asshole or some egomaniac like some on here think of me as such.

I've met so many amazing incredible humans on here.

I love you all so much.

There are always a few rotten eggs in every carton.  To those of you who dislike my existence?  Cool.  F U!

Go listen to Nightwish or some fuckkin shite band.

I'm good and golden.

"I LOVE THE NIGHT!"

Love,

BLUE OYSTER CULT!

I'm hight on angel dust, meth and crack right now!

RUSH!!!

Sponsored Post

#122 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

Yeah that sounds about right.  I had a less awkward but not entirely different encounter with him at the same afterparty when I met Alex and Geddy.  He was quite protected in a round booth, and while I was waiting for someone to finish getting a snapshot with Geddy, he shuffled out of the booth and walked right past me, and ducked into an elevator.  All I could muster was “no way, he’s gonna leave” to myself and my buddy next to me as he got in and the door shut.  I made no attempt to approach or delay him or anything, because I already knew by then that he was uncomfortable with fans freaking out over him.  What I failed to notice (according to my buddy—I was so focused on Geddy I completely missed this) is that he supposedly returned after a few minutes and shuffled back to his spot in the booth with his friends.  It’s probably for the best, though—I totally would have walked over and intruded on his group if I saw he was back.  This was on the Counterparts tour, over 20 years ago.

#123 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

View PostLorraine, on 18 March 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostClashWho, on 18 March 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 March 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

If a man his age is still doing coke and drinking up a storm, expect to weep for his passing soon.

Is he like that? Or was he in the past? He does seem to have an alcoholic's nose. I had no idea he was anything more than a pot head like all of Rush was in the seventies (at least). But I've been surprised before. It sure was a surprise when John Entwistle died of a cocaine-induced heart attack at the age of 57 in 2002.

Forgot where I originally read about it - it was years ago.   Whether he still is, I do not know.  My post was a comment on the others who were suggesting he still is like that.
I thought all this 'coke' nonsense started from a vague reference in Ghost Rider...(never read the book...so maybe I'm off base :huh: )

#124 bootruss

bootruss

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

Thanks Earl, I am kinda new round here and I realised that you had some kind of Peart rudeness..which is what it is.. If any stranger acted like he does it would be considered rude.. At least he didn't lower himself to smile at you..I mean really.. That's all he would need to do. A simple smile.

#125 furie

furie

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:46 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 16 March 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

View Posttaurus, on 15 March 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

I don't think they'll tour or even record again, but IF NP comes out of retirement it would be cool if they toured in places they've never been before, even if it means doing small venues. An Australian tour would be unique

I have no real info but it wouldn't surprise me if RUSH did a residency in Las Vegas for a few months.

Vegas is very close to Santa Monica.

The boys can leave their equipment[ set up and bolt instantly.

Low cost overhead big payout.

Believe me.

I know this.

I would imagine two or three new songs to go along with the Vegas Residency.  

I'll back in Toronto end of April.

I'm on this.
Yeah I've been thinking about this, Rush should do a residency somewhere. And it doesn't necessarily have to be LV. Look at how a residency in NYC worked out for Billy Joel. Brought his career back from oblivion.

#126 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26536 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

View PostGeminiRising79, on 13 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Again, they are only using fear and decay of time to build interest for next, higher-payday tour. Of course, eventually, Neil will prove to be the finalizing factor for Rush, but by then Leefson will have holographic technology on their side to allow his substitution!
Somehow you manage to make stupidity look intelligent. How do you bound and astound?

#127 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5908 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

#128 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5908 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

Oh, and:

https://www.thesound...-and-tours.html

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet. :huh:

#129 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 89371 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

#130 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45313 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

View PostTick, on 22 March 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

View PostGeminiRising79, on 13 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Again, they are only using fear and decay of time to build interest for next, higher-payday tour. Of course, eventually, Neil will prove to be the finalizing factor for Rush, but by then Leefson will have holographic technology on their side to allow his substitution!
Somehow you manage to make stupidity look intelligent. How do you bound and astound?
I think he was just trolling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users