The duckBlaze GODS of the Cinema thread

JohnnyBlaze

GODS of the Cinema  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your top 5 cinema gods from this group.

• Gene Hackman
    • Spencer Tracy
    • Gene Wilder
    • Robert Shaw
    • Anthony Quinn
    • James Coburn
    • Morgan Freeman
    • Russell Crowe
    • Mickey Rourke
    • Michael Keaton
    • Edward G. Robinson
    • Ed Harris
    • Peter Finch
    • Tom Berenger
    • William Hurt
    • John Hurt
    • Charles Bronson
    • Jeff Goldblum
    • Willem Dafoe
    • Jeremy Irons
    • John Cusack
    • Forrest Whittaker
    • Nick Nolte
    • Liam Neeson
    • Robert Mitchum
    • Harvey Keitel
    • Bill Murray
    • Eli Wallach
    • Sylvester Stallone
    • Alec Guinness
    • Viggo Mortenson
    • Cary Grant
    • James Stewart
    • Samuel L. Jackson
    • James Garner
    • Tommy Lee Jones
    • Richard Burton
    • Max Von Sydow
    • Javier Bardem
    • Kurt Russell
  2. 2. Pick your next top 5 from this group.

• Sidney Poitier
    • Rod Steiger
    • Charleton Heston
    • Yul Brynner
    • Denzel Washington
    • Paul Newman
    • James Woods
    • Alan Arkin
    • Ernest Borgnine
    • Robin Williams
    • Jeff Bridges
    • Yaphett Kotto
    • Steve McQueen
    • Philip Seymour Hoffman
    • John Malkovich
    • Laurence Fishburne
    • Michael Caine
    • Laurence Olivier
    • Anthony Perkins
    • James Caan
    • Ralph Fiennes
    • Robert Downey Jr.
    • John Gielgud
    • John Cassavetes
    • Donald Pleasance
    • Christopher Lee
    • Peter Cushing
    • Ray Liotta
    • Malcolm McDowell
    • Lee Marvin
    • Jack Nicholson
    • Anthony Hopkins
    • Daniel Day Lewis
    • Gary Oldman
    • Henry Fonda
    • Gregory Peck
    • Jack Lemmon
    • Dennis Hopper
    • Charles Grodin
    • Walter Matthau
  3. 3. Do it again. Pick your top 5 from this gang.

• Kirk Douglas
    • Burt Lancaster
    • Harrison Ford
    • Peter Sellers
    • Robert Duvall
    • Orson Welles
    • Kevin Spacey
    • Clint Eastwood
    • Peter O' Toole
    • Ben Kingsley
    • George C. Scott
    • Jason Robards
    • Tom Hanks
    • Charles Laughton
    • James Cagney
    • Val Kilmer
    • Herbert Lom
    • William Holden
    • Christopher Plummer
    • Christopher Walken
    • Joe Pesci
    • Ian McKellen
    • Jon Voight
    • Geoffrey Rush
    • Christian Bale
    • Martin Sheen
    • Oliver Reed
    • Patrick Stewart
    • Richard Harris
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Brian Dennehy
    • Dustin Hoffman
    • Donald Sutherland
    • Rutger Hauer
    • Roy Scheider
    • Richard Dreyfuss
    • Vincent Price
    • Al Pacino
    • Robert DeNiro
    • Roddy McDowell

It makes absolutely no sense to exclude DiCaprio, Cruise, Willis, Redford and Pitt. Hollywood is all about star quality and these guys carry films with that star quality. The omission of Robert Redford is scandalous.

Go back and read the original post. Look at the second sentence under "Directions, 1)".

John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Edward Norton, Heath Ledger, Sean Penn, and Joachim Phoenix are strange omissions too.

3 of those guys were cut from the final list.

2 others I didn't bother mentioning to duck when we were creating the list because I was satisfied with what we had. If he had thought of them too, he never mentioned them. Shows how important they were to both of us.

The last guy I never even thought of. Maybe duck didn't either? Though I think the guy is good, I'd bet that duck thinks less of him. Doesn't matter though as this joker's name never came up.

Move on and vote if you haven't already. Or you can go on and mention other sacrileges that won't be changed anyway.

John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Edward Norton, Heath Ledger, Sean Penn, and Joachim Phoenix are strange omissions too.

2 others I didn't bother mentioning to duck when we were creating the list because I was satisfied with what we had. If he had thought of them too, he never mentioned them. Shows how important they were to both of us.

The last guy I never even thought of. Maybe duck didn't either? Though I think the guy is good, I'd bet that duck thinks less of him. Doesn't matter though as this joker's name never came up.

Move on and vote if you haven't already. Or you can go on and mention other sacrileges that won't be changed anyway.

Ok lad, I’ve deleted my vote.

If Ihad known that the pick was about your personal favourites I would have stayed away.

Sean Penn in Milk, Ledger in The Dark Knight, Buscemi in Fargo which takes me to Goodman in The Big Lebowski. Then there is Redford in All The President’s Men (The Sting, Butch Cassidy, The Candidate????), Phoenix in The Master and Norton in American History X.

Blockbuster performances. Oh and Bruce Willis in there?

Edited by Tony R

You look at Toshirô Mifune and his Top 5 movies with Akira Kurosawa

- Seven Samurai

- Rashomon

- Yojimbo

- Throne Of Blood

- Hidden Fortress

The only guy on this list who could even be in the same conversation would be Jimmy Stewart and his work with Hitchcock

Definitely on my personal list. He probably would've gotten two votes. Great poll though, guys...some truly tough choices.

• Like 1

I voted, but to be honest, who stars in the film is irrelevant to me...I have seen films that I love with only obscure actors in them, and just because an actor is famous doesn't mean he/she is the best out there.

Same as music I suppose...

• Like 1

If Ihad known that the pick was about your personal favourites I would have stayed away.

Sean Penn in Milk, Ledger in The Dark Knight, Buscemi in Fargo which takes me to Goodman in The Big Lebowski. Then there is Redford in All The President’s Men (The Sting, Butch Cassidy, The Candidate????), Phoenix in The Master and Norton in American History X.

Oh whoa is me with your "I've deleted my vote". My post explaining what this thread is has been there from the very beginning. That part I'm referring, unchanged.

Penn and Norton were my choices, duck was against them. And I went along with it with little regret. So that's that.

Bruce Willis? We've explained that in earlier posts too.

Phoenix is good stuff, The Master is not. His best is easily Gladiator.

Would you have preferred the thread title to be "Treeduck and JohnnyBlaze's favorite actors so vote on the best ones"? You still would've bitched. And I explained what to do in that first post anyway.

Move on.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Oh whoa is me with your "I've deleted my vote". My post explaining what this thread is has been there from the very beginning. That part I'm referring, unchanged.

Penn and Norton were my choices, duck was against them. And I went along with it with little regret. So that's that.

Would you have preferred the thread title to be "Treeduck and JohnnyBlaze's favorite actors so vote on the best ones"? You still would've bitched. And I explained what to do in that first post anyway.

Move on.

I'm not really bothered. Treeduck invited me to vote, stop being precious.

If you think that Phoenix's performance in The Master is not good stuff then I'm pretty sure you aren't entitled to an informed opinion.

Move on.

If you think that Phoenix's performance in The Master is not good stuff then I'm pretty sure you aren't entitled to an informed opinion.

"Not bothered" to what? You said you deleted your vote and that's fine.

Phoenix's performance was fine in The Master, the movie itself I didn't like. Excellent in Gladiator, the movie was great too.

He was also ok in both The Village and Signs but those movies weren't very good either.

Sue me.

"Precious"? :LOL: Go bother that teen TRFer with that type of rubbish like you usually do.

There's 120 spots, how are we going to know what Tony R thinks should be on this list? Believe it or not your opinions on everything are not etched in stone somewhere.

There's 120 spots, how are we going to know what Tony R thinks should be on this list? Believe it or not your opinions on everything are not etched in stone somewhere.

I get the thing about my opinions. In my opinion you f***ed up.

No DiCaprio, Redford or Bruce Willis. You are a pair of f***ing idiots. :LOL:

Move on.

Phoenix's performance was fine in The Master, the movie itself I didn't like. Excellent in Gladiator, the movie was great too.

He was also ok in both The Village and Signs but those movies weren't very good either.

Sue me.

"Precious"? :LOL: Go bother that teen TRFer with that type of rubbish like you usually do.

You f***ed up. Just admit it you tart.

Move on.

Sue me.

While I agree that it's weird to omit actors like Norton, Ledger and Willis from a poll such as this, there's no reason for you to take your protest to this level. It's just a poll about movie actors. You stated your opinion, you deleted your vote -- isn't that enough?

I get the thing about my opinions. In my opinion you f***ed up.

No DiCaprio, Redford or Bruce Willis. You are a pair of f***ing idiots. :LOL:

Right... :zzz:

Move on.

Sue me.

While I agree that it's weird to omit actors like Norton, Ledger and Willis from a poll such as this, there's no reason for you to take your protest to this level. It's just a poll about movie actors. You stated your opinion, you deleted your vote -- isn't that enough?

Yeah. I’m just board and busting some balls.

Now JohnnyBlaze go get your f***ing shinebox!

Move on.

Sue me.

Johnny's the best. Makes your shoes look like mirrors.

• Like 3

Move on.

Sue me.

Johnny's the best. Makes your shoes look like mirrors.

Right!

For regular customers I use spit. But for big Tony I use piss! Nothin' but the best you know!

People always tell him, "Wow, your shoes really shine! ...but why do you smell like a truck stop urinal?!"

• Like 2

Alright then, here are the 1st round results followed by the number of votes they received.

An interesting 7-way tiebreak has occurred in section 1 for the final 4 spots...

Group 1

1.Gene Hackman - 14

2. Morgan Freeman - 13

3. Kurt Russell - 10

3. Bill Murray - 10

3. Samuel L. Jackson - 10

6. Harvey Keitel - 9

7. Robert Mitchum - 6

7. Robert Shaw - 6

7. James Stewart - 6

7. Alec Guinness - 6

7. Tommy Lee Jones - 6

7. John Hurt - 6

7. Ed Harris - 6

Only 4 of these 7 will take the 7-10 spots so we'll be deciding between the two of us who gets booted and which 4 move on to Round 2.

Group 2

1. Jack Nicholson - 20

2. Paul Newman - 13

3. Christopher Lee - 11

4. Denzel Washington - 11

5. Anthony Hopkins - 10

6. Gary Oldman - 9

6. Robin Williams - 9

8. Jeff Bridges - 8

9. Charlton Heston - 7

10. Peter Cushing - 6

Group 3

1. Clint Eastwood - 22

2. Robert DeNiro - 19

3. Harrison Ford - 15

4. Al Pacino - 14

5. Tom Hanks - 9

6. Peter Sellers - 8

6. Dustin Hoffman - 8

8. Christopher Walken - 7

8. Robert Duvall - 7

10. Vincent Price - 6

Stay tuned for treeduck's upcoming Round 2 Poll and the FULL List of 30 remaining Cinema GODS.

Thanks for voting :cheers:

http://nofilmschool.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_wide/public/clint-eastwood.jpg?itok=6qEiu3fq

• Like 2

And I thought I was the only Kurt Russell fan! :LOL: Nice to see him getting some love. :)

No way. I know that RUSHHEAD Earl prays at the Church of Kurt every Sunday.

http://i0.wp.com/media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/kurt-russell-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-as-ego.jpg

• Like 2