Wolf attacks Moose (Caught on film with drone)

snowdogged

Circle of life on this here planet...Hope your birthday was GREAT!

RbQkXfc.png?3

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Wolf was doing what every entity on this earth does. following its instincts. It is existential to life to EAT. I was hoping the moose evaded the wolf also, but the wolf wasn't being STUPID.

hMOm1Px.gif

Wolf was doing what every entity on this earth does. following its instincts. It is existential to life to EAT. I was hoping the moose evaded the wolf also, but the wolf wasn't being STUPID.

hMOm1Px.gif

I don't think that it is all that common for a lone wolf to attack a fully grown moose. I've seen videos where packs of wolves will not even attempt to go after a fully grown moose. However, they will usually go after a baby from all directions while trying to avoid getting rammed or stomped on by the mother. I realize that the moose was an older moose but there was no way that wolf could have brought the moose down in the water like that and if that wolf attacked the moose on land, I think the moose would have knocked the wolf silly. A pack of wolves would most likely have taken that moose down because of it's age but I doubt one wolf could, unless it got lucky. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

hMOm1Px.gif

I don't think that it is all that common for a lone wolf to attack a fully grown moose. I've seen videos where packs of wolves will not even attempt to go after a fully grown moose. However, they will usually go after a baby from all directions while trying to avoid getting rammed or stomped on by the mother. I realize that the moose was an older moose but there was no way that wolf could have brought the moose down in the water like that and if that wolf attacked the moose on land, I think the moose would have knocked the wolf silly. A pack of wolves would most likely have taken that moose down because of it's age but I doubt one wolf could, unless it got lucky.

It might not be COMMON, but you can't conclusively say 'It NEVER HAPPENS'. This time was caught on film. I think a wolf hungry enough would 'give in' to hunger, and go after the Moose. I was glad the Moose won, but that does NOT mean the situation could never occur. ;) :7up:

rutnvaj.gif