Life A.D.

Saint NIck

My RUSH Family, a new chapter begins now in Life After Dad. I am so overwhelmed right now, and have been for a few days, by the tremendous outpouring of the support of love & care by You, family & friends. I was able to get through a 10 page ( just front side of loose-leaf paper ) eulogy without losing it; though I didn't use those lyrics. I used a couple words from Limelight, a couple lines from Time Stand Still and a few more line from perfection = THE GARDEN. I had a cough going for a bit, but nothing too bad. A family friend played the violin for a few songs in Be Not Afraid, On Eagles' Wings and Wind Beneath my Wings. The memorial mass was very well attended, including practically Everyone from my workplace location here in suburbia New Orleans. Y'all are gonna love this; I just got home from having lunch with my youngest sister & her family at...Bubba Gump's, on the perimeter of New Orleans' infamous French Quarter only a block away from the Mississippi River. Late this morning at the cemetery, I had the honor of placing my Dad's urn into the velvet bag that was put into the plot where Mom is; which is 10 feet off the ground in a mausoleum. My Dad served for the Marines in the Vietnam War, and was given a Military funeral; a 3 gun salute & TAPS; which enforced our tears. I'm not crying right now, but I will be; I'm hurting right now...exhausted, drained, no energy, got a bit of a headache going & a kinda sore throat. I do have bowling league night tonight; not sure if I'm going...and my Friends already understand. I thank you all for your understanding. I love Y'all.
  • Like 2

My RUSH Family, a new chapter begins now in Life After Dad. I am so overwhelmed right now, and have been for a few days, by the tremendous outpouring of the support of love & care by You, family & friends. I was able to get through a 10 page ( just front side of loose-leaf paper ) eulogy without losing it; though I didn't use those lyrics. I used a couple words from Limelight, a couple lines from Time Stand Still and a few more line from perfection = THE GARDEN. I had a cough going for a bit, but nothing too bad. A family friend played the violin for a few songs in Be Not Afraid, On Eagles' Wings and Wind Beneath my Wings. The memorial mass was very well attended, including practically Everyone from my workplace location here in suburbia New Orleans. Y'all are gonna love this; I just got home from having lunch with my youngest sister & her family at...Bubba Gump's, on the perimeter of New Orleans' infamous French Quarter only a block away from the Mississippi River. Late this morning at the cemetery, I had the honor of placing my Dad's urn into the velvet bag that was put into the plot where Mom is; which is 10 feet off the ground in a mausoleum. My Dad served for the Marines in the Vietnam War, and was given a Military funeral; a 3 gun salute & TAPS; which enforced our tears. I'm not crying right now, but I will be; I'm hurting right now...exhausted, drained, no energy, got a bit of a headache going & a kinda sore throat. I do have bowling league night tonight; not sure if I'm going...and my Friends already understand. I thank you all for your understanding. I love Y'all.

Saint Nick! I remember you from years ago!!! You are a great guy! Head up and stay strong!!! I know you can do this!!!! GOOD VIBES TO YOU MY FRIEND!

You're good son. Sounds like your father's funeral brought a lot of people together to reflect on the joys of life. What more can a person ask for when they pass? Remembered by friends, colleagues, a loving son...

:rose: