Jump to content


Bill Murray or Robin Williams?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Bill Murray or Robin Williams? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Bill Murray or Robin Williams?

  1. Bill Murray (12 votes [50.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. Robin Williams (12 votes [50.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Texas King

Texas King

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1491 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

I have to go with Robin! Like the both though.

Sponsored Post

#2 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

They are (were) both great actors and I actually prefer BOTH of them in dramas.  I would give the edge to Robin.

#3 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

I think Murray's best work was in Lost In Translation,and I'm not a big fan of most of his comedic performances.  Williams seems much more diverse and refined as an actor.

On the other hand, Robin has films like World's Greatest Dad, What Dreams May Come, One Hour Photo, The Fisher King., plus over-the-top stuff like Mrs. Doubtfire and RV.  Williams easily, for me.

#4 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Can't we just say tie cause it is for me.

Mick

#5 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

actually i did vote.  i was thinking.  i went with Robin cause of his stand up work.

Mick

#6 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3840 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Robin easily. Wider range of performances. Bill just does his basic deadpan wiseguy schtick.

#7 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21801 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Robin easily. He was a much more versatile actor. Bill Murray always seems like himself in all the characters he plays.

#8 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 11 October 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Robin easily. He was a much more versatile actor. Bill Murray always seems like himself in all the characters he plays.
The guy you see goofing around at the Pebble Beach invitational.

#9 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3892 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

They're both funny but Williams' over the top style when he was on a talk show or doing stand up, or even on Mork and Mindy, got to be tiring. Murray just seems like a regular guy, crashing weddings, photobombing, etc.

#10 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 84331 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

As a stand-up comedian I'd say Williams, I don't think I've really seen Bill doing this in fact. In film dramas I didn't like Robin at all, I don't think I liked one of his films, most of them were too sentimental or too overblown. In comedy drama Murray wins this one easily. Overall then I'd pick Murray.

#11 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18709 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Bill Murray

#12 Steevo

Steevo

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12111 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Impossible, love them both for different reasons.

#13 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 16015 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Deadpan, sarcastic bill or cocaine crazed robin?  Bill

#14 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

I love both.

Will go for Williams as he has more films I love. But I love both. About the same.

#15 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Bill.   Although Robin's stand-up was hilarious


Edited by custom55, 11 October 2017 - 06:36 PM.


#16 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

View Postgoose, on 11 October 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

I think Murray's best work was in Lost In Translation,and I'm not a big fan of most of his comedic performances.  Williams seems much more diverse and refined as an actor.

On the other hand, Robin has films like World's Greatest Dad, What Dreams May Come, One Hour Photo, The Fisher King., plus over-the-top stuff like Mrs. Doubtfire and RV.  Williams easily, for me.

I consider it Murray’s best work as well.  Fine film.  Also really dug him in Broken Flowers.

#17 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 16449 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Robin.

#18 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3879 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 11 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

As a stand-up comedian I'd say Williams, I don't think I've really seen Bill doing this in fact. In film dramas I didn't like Robin at all, I don't think I liked one of his films, most of them were too sentimental or too overblown. In comedy drama Murray wins this one easily. Overall then I'd pick Murray.

You're a stand-up comedian? This makes a vague kind of sense! :P

#19 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 84331 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 11 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

As a stand-up comedian I'd say Williams, I don't think I've really seen Bill doing this in fact. In film dramas I didn't like Robin at all, I don't think I liked one of his films, most of them were too sentimental or too overblown. In comedy drama Murray wins this one easily. Overall then I'd pick Murray.

You're a stand-up comedian? This makes a vague kind of sense! :P
:banana:

#20 Steevo

Steevo

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12111 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Overall have to go with Bill Murray.  Not so much in my younger days.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users