Thoughts & Nerves

Saint NIck

My RUSH Family, as some of Y'all know it's been a rough time as of late; and tomorrow is gonna rougher. For tomorrow at 10 am central we will have a visitation leading into the 11 o'clock memorial service / mass for Dad. Over the past few days I've been working on a eulogy that Father Bob will let me read after Communion. Yes, I'm nervous; not for emotions 'cause that's expected / appropriate. Yet, 'cause I have a cough-thing going; it's just nerves. I'm very proud of my finished product, and it will take a bunch of minutes to read. The way I look at it, if I grab the congregation's attention, then I'm good. Kinda like if a speaker puts his audiene to sleep, then no good. Anyhow, this is for honor & love for Dad; the service / mass celebration of life will be over by noon. Our lives without Dad will go on; all of our memories of Dad will last forever...forever dwells in the moment. Thanks & Love to Y'all.
  • Like 10

My RUSH Family, as some of Y'all know it's been a rough time as of late; and tomorrow is gonna rougher. For tomorrow at 10 am central we will have a visitation leading into the 11 o'clock memorial service / mass for Dad. Over the past few days I've been working on a eulogy that Father Bob will let me read after Communion. Yes, I'm nervous; not for emotions 'cause that's expected / appropriate. Yet, 'cause I have a cough-thing going; it's just nerves. I'm very proud of my finished product, and it will take a bunch of minutes to read. The way I look at it, if I grab the congregation's attention, then I'm good. Kinda like if a speaker puts his audiene to sleep, then no good. Anyhow, this is for honor & love for Dad; the service / mass celebration of life will be over by noon. Our lives without Dad will go on; all of our memories of Dad will last forever...forever dwells in the moment. Thanks & Love to Y'all.

Nick, please know that you have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

When you look at all the people seated in your parish church, just remember that they are all there because they loved your father or they wanted to pay their respects to his life and memory. There's no reason for you to be nervous giving the eulogy. You will be among family and friends. Just speak from your heart.

I have your back here, Nick. :hug2:

• Like 1

You will do him proud, and the congregation will be moved by your emotional tribute...

Wishing you all the best...

• Like 1