Are Rush Fans Into Funko Toys? If They Made A Geddy, Alex, and Neil Would You Buy Them?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

I am not a big fan of this figure but I do have some.  I saw they made the Metallica figures recently so I was thinking that Funko could do the Rush figures.
What do you think?

I mean they could do the 2112 robe variant versions.  Alex holding a mini double neck guitar.  Ged holding onto a mini double neck bass and Neil with long hair and mustache holding onto his sticks.

Of course they could make other versions of the Rush figure.

Are you in or out?

Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

So kind of like the bobble heads. If they were decently done I would buy them. I have The X-Files figures. Those are the only ones I’ve bought.

#3 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

I don’t own any but I like them.  I would get rush ones.

#4 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53720 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image

Like this Ozzy one?

Edited by goose, 08 October 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#5 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

As I've said in the past, Rush would best be served done by the McFarlane toy line...

Posted Image

Posted Image

For something cutesy, I'd go with the Kubrick toy line:

Posted Image
This one kind of looks like Lifeson already despite the southpaw

#6 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53720 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

How about a Geddy and Alex version of this to pressure a Neil reunion...

Posted Image

#7 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17663 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

A couple of months ago, I splurged and bought myself a couple of Rush t-shirts. They were the first examples of any of the Rush marketing/merchandising machine that I've bought in more than 25 years.

So I think it's safe to say I'm a no.

#8 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 08 October 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

I am not a big fan of this figure but I do have some.  I saw they made the Metallica figures recently so I was thinking that Funko could do the Rush figures.
What do you think?

I mean they could do the 2112 robe variant versions.  Alex holding a mini double neck guitar.  Ged holding onto a mini double neck bass and Neil with long hair and mustache holding onto his sticks.

Of course they could make other versions of the Rush figure.

Are you in or out?

If I were to sell Rush figures I'd go with the Moving Pictures images of them. Alex in the red blazer, Neil with the bow tie, and Geddy being Geddy. If those sold well THEN I'd hit the fans with the figures in the 2112 robes, Pratt mustachio, and Lerxst camel toe!

#9 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7030 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

I like Funkos and have a few of them...some horror guys, some wrestlers, The Simpsons, Gandalf, a few Star Wars characters, Woody and Buzz, and a lone Paul Stanley. They seem to make one for everything. I'd buy Rush ones for sure.

What I really want are some 70s Rush figures made my NECA. I think they make the best figures that are still affordable. Their Aliens line is friggin' sweet!

#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

View PostStormtron, on 09 October 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

I like Funkos and have a few of them...some horror guys, some wrestlers, The Simpsons, Gandalf, a few Star Wars characters, Woody and Buzz, and a lone Paul Stanley. They seem to make one for everything. I'd buy Rush ones for sure.

What I really want are some 70s Rush figures made my NECA. I think they make the best figures that are still affordable. Their Aliens line is friggin' sweet!

Good call!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those ARE better than the McFarlane's!

#11 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 09 October 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Good call!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sideshow makes the best Alien and Sci-fi figures but they’re considerably more expensive. Real works of art.

Posted Image

Edited by EagleMoon, 09 October 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#12 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3763 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 October 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Good call!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sideshow makes the best Alien and Sci-fi figures but they’re considerably more expensive. Real works of art.

Posted Image
that alien one is the spitting image of Ray Danniels.

#13 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 09 October 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 October 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Good call!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
that alien one is the spitting image of Ray Danniels.

I agree. From his “I think I’ll split up Van Halen” era.

#14 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 October 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Like this Ozzy one?

YES!

#15 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 09 October 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

As I've said in the past, Rush would best be served done by the McFarlane toy line...

Posted Image

Posted Image

For something cutesy, I'd go with the Kubrick toy line:

Posted Image
This one kind of looks like Lifeson already despite the southpaw

Absolutely!  I love my Motley Crue "Shout At The Devil" Box Set!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666, 09 October 2017 - 10:07 PM.

#16 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Don't forget about Knucklebonz!

They make some incredible rock figures!!!  I have two Neil Peart figures from this company. I have a ton of others too.  George Lynch, Randy Rhoads.  The owner of the company lives down the road from me.  He gave me a Keith Emerson sealed figure for free!!!!  For supporting his company over the years!  I think I have a Slash too!  A Rob Halford too!  EPIC!  KING DIAMOND is for sale now!!!

https://knucklebonz.com/shop/

#17 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 09 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

They make some incredible rock figures!!!  I have two Neil Peart figures from this company. I have a ton of others too.  George Lynch, Randy Rhoads.  The owner of the company lives down the road from me.  He gave me a Keith Emerson sealed figure for free!!!!  For supporting his company over the years!  I think I have a Slash too!  A Rob Halford too!  EPIC!  KING DIAMOND is for sale now!!!

This?
Posted Image

How tall are they?

#18 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Probably wouldn't buy the action figures (or l'il statues or whatever), but I dig the Axe Heaven white doubleneck.  Always meant to pick up the miniature Rickenbacker but never got around to it.  I don't think it's available anymore.

Never liked the ES they made - the gold was too cheap looking.

I like the Lego minifigure idea.  Lego should cash in, especially since their sales have been dropping.

#19 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 09 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Probably wouldn't buy the action figures (or l'il statues or whatever), but I dig the Axe Heaven white doubleneck.  Always meant to pick up the miniature Rickenbacker but never got around to it.  I don't think it's available anymore.

Never liked the ES they made - the gold was too cheap looking.

I like the Lego minifigure idea.  Lego should cash in, especially since their sales have been dropping.

If you're referring to the figure above with the leftie guitarist, they're not Lego. They're Kubrick, a Japanese toy line not too dissimilar from Lego but sturdier, slightly bigger, with better detail, and produced in limited numbers.

Kubrick:
Posted Image

Lego:
Posted Image

Rush done by Kubrick? Yeah, I'd buy that.

#20 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 09 October 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 09 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

This?
Posted Image

How tall are they?

Yes!  This!  They had prototypes of Geddy and Alex but they never went into production.  Only Neil exists.  Wish I still had the owner's phone number!  I could call him and ask if I could buy them!  That would be nuts!!!  One of a kind Geddy one of kind Alex figure!

With base and wood stand about ten inches.  Neil is on my subwoofer behind my couch in my living room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users