Rest In Peace - Tom Petty Died

Lorraine

I love the man, but I wouldn't want him to survive anymore than Carrie Fisher. No one knows how long he was without oxygen. Anything under two minutes isn't bad, but anything more than that - forget it. Like I said, you'd rather Tom passes than survives having to be washed, wiped and fed.

If the media can make a mistake about his death or non death then they can make a mistake about being taken off life support and the length of time without oxygen.

Who knows what the facts are now?

\

They said nothing about the time he was without oxygen. They just said he wasn't breathing when they found him.

I don't know about you, but if anyone finds me not breathing and has no way of determining how long I've been without oxygen, you can let me stay like that.

Whatever has happened here, whether he's dead or not this sucks. Been a big fan of his ever since the 80s. Tom Petty has always been there. I don't know a music world without him. One of a handful of artists who continued to release quality stuff late into their career.

Saw him live in 1999 and it was a great show. Audience was fantastic as well and were into every song. Something you don't see a lot live with older performers. I always wanted to see him again but it just never ended up happening :(

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I love the man, but I wouldn't want him to survive anymore than Carrie Fisher. No one knows how long he was without oxygen. Anything under two minutes isn't bad, but anything more than that - forget it. Like I said, you'd rather Tom passes than survives having to be washed, wiped and fed.

If the media can make a mistake about his death or non death then they can make a mistake about being taken off life support and the length of time without oxygen.

\

They said nothing about the time he was without oxygen. They just said he wasn't breathing when they found him.

I don't know about you, but if anyone finds me not breathing and has no way of determining how long I've been without oxygen, you can let me stay like that.

I agree. Elusivedisc.com is saying he has passed, and are already pushing his discography .
  • Like 1

\

And I'm saying ALL of it is questionable now including that he wasn't breathing when they found him.

• Like 1

\

And I'm saying ALL of it is questionable now including that he wasn't breathing when they found him.

Foul play??

\

Foul play??

Who knows?

\

Foul play??

Dont do me like that.
  • Like 7

Played Damn the Torpedos today. god the guy was a master of the pop/rock tune.

Mick

my favorite album of his, good memories .
  • Like 2

Played Damn the Torpedos today. god the guy was a master of the pop/rock tune.

Mick

As did I. Was thinking of playing Wildflowers as well.

• Like 2

Okay, with such conflicting news now I feel bad about mourning him in front of all of my friends today, but I suppose that isn't really my fault.

So let me get this straight, we don't really know anything for sure except that he wasn't actually dead when he was taken to the hospital and that he was taken to the hospital...

gee, if Petty somehow comes out on top of this, he's gonna have a nasty bone to pick with TMZ and RS...

• Like 1

Okay, with such conflicting news now I feel bad about mourning him in front of all of my friends today, but I suppose that isn't really my fault.

So let me get this straight, we don't really know anything for sure except that he wasn't actually dead when he was taken to the hospital and that he was taken to the hospital...

gee, if Petty somehow comes out on top of this, he's gonna have a nasty bone to pick with TMZ and RS...

He could quote Mark Twain: The report of my death was an exaggeration.”

• Like 3

"And this one carries a gun for the USA

He's a 21st Century man

And he's scary as hell cause when he's afraid

He'll destroy everything he don't understand

Well I ain't on the left, and I ain't on the right

I ain't even sure, I got a dog in this fight

In my time of need, in my time of grief

I feel like a shadow's falling over me"

--"Shadow People" Tom Petty

Anyone else think these lyrics just sound too eerie today?

This is so frustrating. There's no updates I can find on how he's doing. After being led astray into thinking he was dead, I'd really like to know officially what state he's in right now.

This is so frustrating. There's no updates I can find on how he's doing. After being led astray into thinking he was dead, I'd really like to know officially what state he's in right now.

Unfortunately, that's how it is when someone is hospitalized. A lot of waiting around with no news. If the doctors don't know anything new then there is not much to report on. Also, his family may be keeping things to themselves before they tell the public. Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, that's how it is when someone is hospitalized. A lot of waiting around with no news. If the doctors don't know anything new then there is not much to report on. Also, his family may be keeping things to themselves before they tell the public. Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

true

Big fan. Saw him in May on the 40th tour. I hope he pulls through, but it doesn't sound good.

On a day when our country was already mourning huge loss of life, this felt like a knockout punch to the gut.

• Like 1

\

Foul play??

Dont do me like that.

Or “quit jammin me.”

• Like 1