Rest In Peace - Tom Petty Died

Lorraine

I'm not really a fan, but a horrible way to go for a class act.

He died at home. My eldest cousin just lost her husband to a heart attack at home. There are much worse ways to go. :yes:

True that he didn't suffer with a terminal illness for months or years (that we're aware of).

Now it says he's still alive:

1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

The news media can't get much straight anymore.

So many great songs. Some of the best road trips l ever had were to a Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers soundtrack. He will be missed. R.I.P. Tom
  • Like 1

So many great songs. Some of the best road trips l ever had were to a Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers soundtrack. He will be missed. R.I.P. Tom

One night this past January, when I thought nothing could get worse and would ever get any better, this video saved my life:

• Like 2

I heard about it in studio and I whipped around to the guy with his phone out to see if it was true. My eyes started tearing up a bit in all of my shock...I just never expected him to go. He seemed to me a given, consistently there, consistently great. Now he's gone... :rose:
  • Like 3

I wasn't a big fan of Tom Petty, but the fact that this happened just mere hours after what happened in Las Vegas is a sullen reminder that anything can happen in this f***ed up world we live in :(

the classic rock station in Indianapolis just played an hour straight from him ... I got to hear about half of it ... rest in peace Tom Petty ... you will be missed ... but thanks so much for leaving us your wonderful music !!
  • Like 2