Rest In Peace - Tom Petty Died

Lorraine

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest … law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty’s condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-petty-found-unconscious-full-cardiac-arrest-191637865.html

I have a bad feeling. A terrible day for so many obvious reasons. It's hard to find solace.

I know. I could cry my eyeballs out right now. It was Tom Petty that got me through the awful month of January - him and Mike Campbell's guitar. I owe them a lot.

• Like 5

I feel awful.

Thank God I went to the Rush Hall Of Fame Induction! I was lucky enough to see Tom perform with Jackson and Randy Newman. Sadly it was the only time I ever saw Tom perform live. UGH! I regret not going on that Monday night!

• Like 2

I'm not really a fan, but a horrible way to go for a class act.

He died at home. My eldest cousin just lost her husband to a heart attack at home. There are much worse ways to go. :yes:

• Like 3

Him and Eddie Vedder are my two biggest rock star heroes for staying true to their artistic integrity and not giving a f**k. Fitting they toured together when Highway Companion and avacado album came out the same time. Cried real hard an hour ago. First Vegas and now this. f**k you grim reaper.

RIP. Say hi to Howie, George, Roy, Cash and Garry Shandling for us.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

I never was a fan back in the day but his music is definitely part of the soundtrack of my life. No way around it. As I have aged there is no way when I hear a Petty tune that I am not at least a little happier than I was before it came on. You can't ask for much more than that from music...RIP and thanks
  • Like 8