Coming to an end.

Saint NIck

My Friends, nearly a couple months ago I wrote in regards to my Dad's situation "Should I feel guilty?". Well, respecting his wish / request not to receive any kind of medical treatment / help, we, my sisters, family & I, feel like his days are numbered. He lays in bed 'cause he has no strength...he can't walk; and another big factor is that he hasn't eaten & drank anything for a week now. We have food & drink by his bedside, and have even tried helping, but he refuses. He's probably big time dehydrated, and is sometimes breathing heavy. Yet, he shows no sign of pain and / or discomfort. When we check in on him, he makes the notion for us to leave the room = he cannot get the words out. Yesterday, our parish priest came by to perform the Catholic Sacrament Annointing of the Sick...Last Rites. When I leave his room, I tell him, "Dad, I love you, thank you so much, sorry if I let you down, we're gonna be ok and I'm so proud to be your son". When I say my prayers, I have a segment I call "Healthy Miracles"; Dad is beyond that point. GOD called my Mom home on my parents' 25 anniversary back on Wednesday, September 9, 1992. Obviously, what would've been their 50th has come & gone, and Dad made it thus far. Yet, he's given up on life, and just waiting for GOD to call him home. It's raining right now, and earlier it was pouring; kinda like the tears that will be pouring from our eyes. Thanks for your time...love you RUSH fans...we're Family.
  • Like 3

Saint Nick, one day you will look back at this and wonder how the hell you ever got through it. That's grace - the grace of the moment that helps you every step of the way. Grace can never be anticipated. It is given as it is needed. It is only when you look back that you realize you were carried through - somehow and someway - the worst times of your life.

Reading your post, I do not know how you are managing to emotionally handle this, but this isn't happening to me. It's happening to you. I'm not the one getting the strength to do it - you are.

Since you are Catholic, why don't you pray by the bedside of your father? Do you know the Divine Mercy Chaplet? Do you have a rosary? Do you have a Miraculous Medal or a Brown Scapular you can pin on your father? If not, why don't you ask your priest for these sacramentals? I would send them to you, but your father doesn't have enough time I don't think. I'll tell you what, I'll pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for him, but you look it up yourself to pray it. If you don't own a rosary (a rosary is used to pray the Chaplet), use your fingers to count: http://www.thedivine...ons/chaplet.php

Edited by Lorraine

Saint Nick, you are kind, special person, and a wonderful son .. I know that, and if I know, your Dad certainly knows it ..

He is proud of you, as you are of him

Last month, I lost my Mom, and leading up to her departure, your situation rings familiar ..

You take the spirit and the life and energy you Dad has, and you continue to use that for the rest of your life ..

When the time comes for you Dad, allow his body to rest and allow his spirit to continue and see life though your eyes

Thank you Lorraine & Lucas, I took a sick / personal day off from work today to be at home with Dad, and to maybe think some things over. In a way I feel some guilt not going into work, yet I feel like I need to be here. I attended morning mass, and had a good talk with Father Chris afterwards. Before leaving church, Fr. Chris gave me a prayerful blessing, then I prayed to MOTHER MARY. What a RUSH of a feeling. Thanks again for your support.
  • Like 2

Thank you Lorraine & Lucas, I took a sick / personal day off from work today to be at home with Dad, and to maybe think some things over. In a way I feel some guilt not going into work, yet I feel like I need to be here. I attended morning mass, and had a good talk with Father Chris afterwards. Before leaving church, Fr. Chris gave me a prayerful blessing, then I prayed to MOTHER MARY. What a RUSH of a feeling. Thanks again for your support.

You are all in my prayers.

Please keep me posted. :hug2:

May Peace be with you, Nick, and your family. Been through this with both my parents, and it DOES get better with time. The part to remember is, stick with the GOOD memories....

Ua1Nq6k.gif

• Like 1