BU2B inspired from 'Bulls On Parade' by RATM?

RushFanForever

That's an interesting comparison but it's unlikely that BU2B was inspired by Bulls On Parade. The vibe you're talking about may sound similar only because both songs use a riffage of 1-2 notes in the verses (F + octave in BOP and E + G in BU2B), however BU2B has a different rhythmic feel and vibe in the verses. Not to mention the choruses in it, which are way more complex and also have a heavy minor scale feel in them, as opposed to BOP. Edited by Sticklight
  • Like 1

Since the structure in alot of rock songs are actually pretty simple, there's many songs that sound similar to each other. How many rocks songs follow a EGA chord pattern? tons. Edited by HemiBeers

I must admit that when I first heard BU2B I thought where have I heard that riff before?Don't Care from Victor ?No not quite.Then one day I had shuffle on my iPod in the car and Bulls on Parade followed a couple of songs after BU2B.Yes there is a similarity.But are we going to have a Spirit/Zeppelin scenario here with Taurus/Stairway.Let's not go there.As a musician I know it is so hard to come up with anything totally original.

Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Drop an don't copy yo, don't call this a co-op

Terror rains drenchin', quenchin' tha thirst of tha power dons

That five sided fist-a-gon

Tha rotten sore on tha face of mother earth gets bigger

Tha triggers cold empty ya purse

• Like 1

All I have to say here: Bulls on Parade is a much better song than BU2B.

Agreed.

However, recently watched a live band cover bu2b, and it rawked.

Considering RUSH's history of assimilating to musical trends as well as integrating stylistic elements of bands they listen to, I'm willing to best that RAGE is one of those influences for BU2B, if not the song "Bulls..." specifically.