Pink Floyd Reunion?

ES-335

Just heard on a local radio ... according to Q magazine (UK) ... Floyd to reunite next year for the modest sum of 100 million dollars!!! All for the 30th anniversary of Wish You Were Here.

I don't care how much they make, I just hope Roger and David will create one more masterpiece "together" ...

Exciting!

WYWH 30?

trink39.gif

Until the authentic Pink Floyd show up, if you get the chance, go see the Australian Pink Floyd. I recently saw them here in Montreal at the Bell Centre. Approximately 10,000 people showed up. Pretty good for a tribute band !!

Anyhow, they're currently on a North American tour, and needless to say, the show is spectacular. The sound and lights are great, and if you close your eyes, you'd swear you're at a real Floyd show.

You can check them out at www.aussiefloyd.com

I'm lucky enough to have seen the Aussie version and the real thing (minus Roger, unfortunately).

It's not the first time this rumour has surfaced, and in April of this year, an in depth article in Uncut magazine featured interviews with all four members of (post Syd) Floyd. While none of them actually said they would reunite, it was noticable that the comments they were making about each other were a lot more concilliatory than previous interviews.

Being realistic, I'd say improbable, but not impossible.

My instinct says no, I hope I'm wrong!!!

Well, I've learned not to get too many "High Hopes" about such as this. Sure, it would be great to see, and I hope it comes to some sort of fruition.

But the only thing I can picture is Rog and Dave in the studio:

Dave: "Rog, whatcha think of this new bridge I've been working on?"

Rog: "Sod off! You twit! You fu*king fu*kers aren't fit to carry me fu*king jock strap! And where d'ya get off letting that coke-head Richard back into me band, eh, mate? I fired his a$$ years ago! Go fu*k yourselves! Now, where's my 'Final Cut' of that dough? Fifty per cent is my share! Floyd was MY baby, you sodden basta*ds!! Sheep and Pigs, all o ya!!!!! 'Cept you, Davey, you're a bleedin' dog, mate!!"

Dave: "Ok, but I think my bridge is very nice. Whattya you boys think, Nick and Rick?"

Rick and Nick: "Anything you say, boss!"

Ain't I a stinker? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

This would be a dream come true...I'd travel anywhere to see all four of them together. I've seen Floyd minus Rog, and while I think he's a real bastard, I'd still give anything to see them together, just once.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 8 2004, 11:39 AM)
This would be a dream come true...I'd travel anywhere to see all four of them together. I've seen Floyd minus Rog, and while I think he's a real bastard, I'd still give anything to see them together, just once.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!!

I would re-finance my home to see them, too. Don't get me wrong! I missed all my chances to see Floyd growing up, and I've been kicking myself ever since. And, ouch it HURTS!!

I too have seen them without Waters & I would love to see them with him back in.

If this happens we may have to have our own little FloydCon somewhere where we could all meet.

This is one of the things that I have come to realize since I became a Pink Floyd fan (although in the grand scheme of things, it really wasnt that long ago), that I knew would never happen. Pink Floyd is my 2nd favorite band behind Rush, and it will always be there. If they do a reunion, that would completely blow me away.

I am not going to give my hopes up at all though about it. Until I see an official word from Gilmour or Waters themselves, I am going to have my reservations over its validity.

BTW, has anyone here seen the PF performance of The Wall from the original tour? I have a copy of this, shot at Nassau Coliseum, and despite it's crappy quality, it is quite cool. I can certainly see why it will never see the light of day, as an official release. The lighting is terrible and the camera work is awful, despite being shot by "professionals".

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 8 2004, 12:09 PM)
If this happens we may have to have our own little FloydCon somewhere where we could all meet.

Ooooh! Excellent idea, DM!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb." wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 8 2004, 11:24 AM)
Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb." wink.gif

Won't that make Neil jealous??? cool.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 8 2004, 02:27 PM)
Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb."  wink.gif

Won't that make Neil jealous??? cool.gif

Nah...Neil is my drummer fantasy man and of course occupies the top "swoon-inducing" spot, but Dave fills the guitar spot. It all works wink.gif.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 8 2004, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 8 2004, 03:24 PM)
Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb."  wink.gif

I need to practice that solo again... cool.gif

Yes, you do!

smile.gif

...Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb." wink.gif

Dude! (Lady!) I-I-I-I would probably "swoon" over Dave's second solo on CN! THE finest moment in rock history, bar none! (Even over Rush, sorry.)

Okay, I would probably just have a huge sh*t-eating grin on my face, but you get the idea.

I am willing to fly back East somewhere if GG will read me the menu when we all go out to dinner. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 8 2004, 04:11 PM)

I am willing to fly back East somewhere if GG will read me the menu when we all go out to dinner. biggrin.gif

Consider it done!

smile.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 8 2004, 08:57 PM)
...Then, you guys can all watch me swoon when Dave cranks it up on "Comfortably Numb."  wink.gif

Dude! (Lady!) I-I-I-I would probably "swoon" over Dave's second solo on CN! THE finest moment in rock history, bar none! (Even over Rush, sorry.)

Okay, I would probably just have a huge sh*t-eating grin on my face, but you get the idea.

My Top 5 guitar solos (right now) -

!. Here Again - Rush

2. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

3. Beyond the Realms of Death - Judas Priest

4. Just - Radiohead

5. Emerald - Thin Lizzy

Honourable mention - Freeeeeeeebirrrrrrd

I'd love to see The Wall live, or any Pink Floyd live for that matter. I know tickets would cost an outrageous amount of money, but this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'd be more than willing to shell out some cash to see Gilmour and Waters on the same stage.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 19 2004, 03:39 AM)
Heard on the radio today that Nick Mason said all the rumors about reunion with Roger is rubbish but it is possible the others might tour again...

I figured as much...I would still be SO there, even if it was Dave, Rick and Nick without Rog.

yes.gif

Archived