Jump to content


Member Title


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Leanne

Leanne

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1221 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Soooo I'm not sure if this has been asked before.  I'm curious as to how many posts you have to have in order to change your member title?  I've looked in my profile and don't see a place where I can change it.

Thank you!

Sponsored Post

#2 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

"Member title" or screen name?

...because you don't really have a member title. Those are usually suggested by other members then 73 waves his magic wand and "poof" it magically appears one day. They can appear at any moment with no limit on how many posts. Some superlong time members still have no member title.

Just in case: if you're referring to your "Superconductor" member title -- that isn't an individualized member title as those titles are given in post increments.

#3 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

#4 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

So THAT's why your original member title was "Will do ANYTHING for a hundred bucks!" !

#5 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

So THAT's why your original member title was "Will do ANYTHING for a hundred bucks!" !
Aye!

#6 Leanne

Leanne

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1221 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

"Member title" or screen name?

...because you don't really have a member title. Those are usually suggested by other members then 73 waves his magic wand and "poof" it magically appears one day. They can appear at any moment with no limit on how many posts. Some superlong time members still have no member title.

Just in case: if you're referring to your "Superconductor" member title -- that isn't an individualized member title as those titles are given in post increments.

Oh ok, yeah I was referring to Superconductor.  Having board members suggest a name is a great idea, very original! :)   Thank you for the info!

#7 Leanne

Leanne

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1221 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

So THAT's why your original member title was "Will do ANYTHING for a hundred bucks!" !
Aye!

Haha....you 2 are hilarious! :lol:

#8 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I wondered about that as well for a long time until Hatchetaxe&saw called me the Queenmaster in my 18th birthday thread and 73 was like, "good idea."

It's a fun way of doing things and really encourages you to get to know other members.

#9 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostLeanne, on 25 September 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

So THAT's why your original member title was "Will do ANYTHING for a hundred bucks!" !
Aye!

Haha....you 2 are hilarious! :lol:
:hail:

#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 25 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yeah, I wondered about that as well for a long time until Hatchetaxe&saw called me the Queenmaster in my 18th birthday thread and 73 was like, "good idea."

It's a fun way of doing things and really encourages you to get to know other members.

:yes:

The mighty Tick suggested my member title. Not sure what my  title means exactly but he said something about it being a comic book character. I don't know anything about that or Rush, I just come here for the crab cakes and beer.

:hail:

#11 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

The method for assigning member titles is total dog Tai Shan.

#12 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 25 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

The method for assigning member titles is total dog Tai Shan.

Posted Image

#13 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6460 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostLeanne, on 25 September 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

"Member title" or screen name?

...because you don't really have a member title. Those are usually suggested by other members then 73 waves his magic wand and "poof" it magically appears one day. They can appear at any moment with no limit on how many posts. Some superlong time members still have no member title.

Just in case: if you're referring to your "Superconductor" member title -- that isn't an individualized member title as those titles are given in post increments.

Oh ok, yeah I was referring to Superconductor.  Having board members suggest a name is a great idea, very original! :)   Thank you for the info!

Yeah, I joined in March of 2005, but only posted at far flung times, because I was a member of Counterparts Rushmessageboard since it began.  Still have a bunch of friends there.  I visit there about as much as I did here before choosing TRF as my main RUSH message Board.  I like the moderation here, too many people are starting to think they can abuse whomever they want to there.   That did not make a good place for me.  I LOVE TRF!!!  I came back for good in mid Nov. 2015. as soon as I found out what you just did, I just put it out of my mind, and with my quirkiness, received my title within the next year.  Boy was I thrilled! So just keep believing!
Posted Image

#14 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6460 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 25 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yeah, I wondered about that as well for a long time until Hatchetaxe&saw called me the Queenmaster in my 18th birthday thread and 73 was like, "good idea."

It's a fun way of doing things and really encourages you to get to know other members.

:yes:

The mighty Tick suggested my member title. Not sure what my  title means exactly but he said something about it being a comic book character. I don't know anything about that or Rush, I just come here for the crab cakes and beer.

:hail:

Where do I get some crab cakes?
Posted Image

#15 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3732 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

I'm not sure I've ever even noticed my member title but I'm making this post just so I can.

#16 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79246 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 September 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 25 September 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I got mine after 23 and half posts! The post that sealed the deal went like this!

"Yes 73 I'll pay you the full $100 by Friday!"

So THAT's why your original member title was "Will do ANYTHING for a hundred bucks!" !
Aye!

:lol:

#17 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8612 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Actually, my "Crushed in Rio" moniker needs to be changed, since I no longer live there...who could suggest something else?

#18 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 26 September 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

Actually, my "Crushed in Rio" moniker needs to be changed, since I no longer live there...who could suggest something else?

If you like that member title and would like to keep a variation of it, the slack way would be "Was Crushed in Rio" or "No Longer Crushed in Rio".

But I tend to think you need something different given that you're in a totally different circumstance now.

#19 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

I think I made 10,000 or so post before I got mine.

#20 That One Guy

That One Guy

    Straight Outta Sunnyvale

  • Members *
  • 21580 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostILSnwdog, on 01 October 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I think I made 10,000 or so post before I got mine.
Polarize Me is like an eight year high post member without a title




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users