Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi Official Thread

Nate2112

Looked good to me. I try not to ruin my fun by analyzing the shit out of it. :P

The only part that I analyzed was the very end. A total red herring, it was.... :LOL:

Looked good to me. I try not to ruin my fun by analyzing the shit out of it. :P

The only part that I analyzed was the very end. A total red herring, it was.... :LOL:

I thought the trailer looked alright.

IMHO, the Star Wars trailers have always looked alright or better...even though the movies themselves haven't always been so.

It's going to be a fun movie. Just go and have fun. Frickin spaceships and lightsabers and the force. Luke Skywalker! Action and funny corny one liners. Weird aliens! What sf movie doesn't try to sell action figures and stuffies? Just go and be a big overgrown kid and wait for the big symphonic blast with that logo that takes you right back to being 7 years old when nothing mattered but Star Wars!

So, you're saying I should get high before seeing it?

:smoke:

• Like 1

It's going to be a fun movie. Just go and have fun. Frickin spaceships and lightsabers and the force. Luke Skywalker! Action and funny corny one liners. Weird aliens! What sf movie doesn't try to sell action figures and stuffies? Just go and be a big overgrown kid and wait for the big symphonic blast with that logo that takes you right back to being 7 years old when nothing mattered but Star Wars!

Star Wars makes you high, man. Just forget prosaic, routine life for a couple of hours. Color and sound and action. Geek out.

• Like 2

Star Wars makes you high, man. Just forget prosaic, routine life for a couple of hours. Color and sound and action. Geek out.

:LOL:

True that!

One of the few times I truly get to be a kid again.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

The music....oh my gawd.....the most classic scenes in the entire series always have the magical music of John Williams. Without those notes, many of those scenes would have been only half as powerful. I’m never strongly affected by the background score except for Star Wars and Interstellar.

• Like 3

The music....oh my gawd.....the most classic scenes in the entire series always have the magical music of John Williams. Without those notes, many of those scenes would have been only half as powerful. I’m never strongly affected by the background score except for Star Wars and Interstellar.

2001: A Space Odyssey?!!

• Like 1

Star Wars hasn’t been really good since the original run. Of course we hold out hope that somehow they might recapture some of the magic of the first three.

Star Wars hasn’t been really good since the original run. Of course we hold out hope that somehow they might recapture some of the magic of the first three.

Didn't like Rogue One or Force Awakens?

How can it truly recapture the magic of the originals? It's not 1977-1983 ((and I'm not 5-11 years old)) anymore.

I'll say this, Force Awakens and Rogue One destroy the prequels and the Star Trek parallel universe reboot flicks. And I did enjoy Rogue One (at least) a little more than Return of the Jedi.

• Like 2

It has been so long since I've watched 2001....:doh: Time to correct the situation!!

• Like 1

It has been so long since I've watched 2001....:doh: Time to correct the situation!!

The music is always crucial in Kubrick's films but probably most important in 2001

It has been so long since I've watched 2001.... :doh: Time to correct the situation!!

The music is always crucial in Kubrick's films but probably most important in 2001

Also Sprach Zarathrusta was written just for that film. Strauss just wasn't aware of it at the time. :LOL:

• Like 2

How can it truly recapture the magic of the originals? It's not 1977-1983 ((and I'm not 5-11 years old)) anymore.

I'll say this, Force Awakens and Rogue One destroy the prequels and the Star Trek parallel universe reboot flicks. And I did enjoy Rogue One (at least) a little more than Return of the Jedi.

I’m not talking magic in the childish sense, I mean innovative and well written. Rogue One was much better than TFA’s but still too many consistency issues.

I’m not talking magic in the childish sense, I mean innovative and well written. Rogue One was much better than TFA’s but still too many consistency issues.

Then lady you should've said that in the first place!

There's magic and then there's magic and then they actually had magic in the stories...or I guess that was The Force...which could've been considered magic but not that kind of magic :P

I’m not talking magic in the childish sense, I mean innovative...

The original three were innovative for sure, especially the first two films. The jump in effects between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back was especially impressive.

...and well written.

I'm not sure well-written applies to any of the Star Wars films. The dialogue in all of them is pretty awful, but actors like Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness made them work. At least in the original three, the plot was decent. It was in the prequels that the dialogue shifted from mediocre to awful, and the storyline took a nosedive.
  • Like 1

Absolutely!

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muPNlnm_i44

What I think is really cool about that part of 2001, satellite pictures of earth didn't really exist at the time. They were close weren't they?

Also, Kubrick had a score already made for the movie, but while he was editing the film while on a ship to the US, he changed his mind and went with the classics.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

What I think is really cool about that part of 2001, satellite pictures of earth didn't really exist at the time. They were close weren't they?

Also, Kubrick had a score already made for the movie, but while he was editing the film while on a ship to the US, he changed his mind and went with the classics.

Didn't know all that.

The music always fit his movies. Perfectly.

Didn't know all that.

The music always fit his movies. Perfectly.

"A Clockwork Orange" and "The Shining" soundtracks are my fave!

I’m not talking magic in the childish sense, I mean innovative...

The original three were innovative for sure, especially the first two films. The jump in effects between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back was especially impressive.

...and well written.

I'm not sure well-written applies to any of the Star Wars films. The dialogue in all of them is pretty awful, but actors like Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness made them work. At least in the original three, the plot was decent. It was in the prequels that the dialogue shifted from mediocre to awful, and the storyline took a nosedive.

I’m saying I hope it’s well written, not necessarily that the movies in general have been. Having the right actors for the parts is what helps immensely, in which TFA suffered horribly.

Then lady you should've said that in the first place!

There's magic and then there's magic and then they actually had magic in the stories...or I guess that was The Force...which could've been considered magic but not that kind of magic :P

Don’t be so literal. :)