Gentle Giant

Relayer2112

Just got In A Glass House, which is my first ever GG purchase.

Enjoying this much right now, even though I've been listening to punky 80s/90s alt rock all day.

• Like 1

I can't get a copy of Civilian for a decent price.

this is how I feel about so many less than mainstream albums.

Very annoying at times to try to get into a sub-genre or new band when all of their most acclaimed albums are overpriced.

• Like 1

I can't get a copy of Civilian for a decent price.

ooh do i have a collectors item on my hands? I have it on CD AND Vinyl :)

Why you little bitch! :rage:

I have 2 and this album is very under rated ( Bobby).

Never clicked with me like their other albums did

I will say, it isnt a bad album, I dont think they really made a bad album, just one that I would not listen to again for a while.

Edited by Bigbobby10

For collecting wise on vinyl I have

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

Hoping to find the others

I sometimes see your name as Big Boobies!

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

The amount of people that tell me that, I might as well change it at this point!

• Like 1

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

The amount of people that tell me that, I might as well change it at this point!

Surely I'm the first ever?? :o

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

I have 'em all except for Interview (which I think was borrowed and never returned).

The hardest one to find was In a Glass House (w/cool translucent cover insert), although the debut was also pretty rare.

Paid 2.99 for Civilian at the local department store in the mid-80s. They had a whole batch of 'em - they even had a few GG 8 tracks in their "sale bin"!

Paid 15$ for a lame-looking Italian pressing of the debut. Damn good record though.

300px-Gg-debut-italian.jpg

Also found this somewhere along the way. Cool compilation, bizarro cover:

e0a16f30cee5e20d2dd4a7240530b526.jpg

They were strangely popular in Eastern Canada, so it was pretty easy to find their records in record stores or 2nd-hand places. I think I paid 25 cents for Acquiring the Taste, and 1$ for Three Friends! :o

• Like 2

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

I have 'em all except for Interview (which I think was borrowed and never returned).

The hardest one to find was In a Glass House (w/cool translucent cover insert), although the debut was also pretty rare.

Paid 2.99 for Civilian at the local department store in the mid-80s. They had a whole batch of 'em - they even had a few GG 8 tracks in their "sale bin"!

Paid 15$ for a lame-looking Italian pressing of the debut. Damn good record though.

They were strangely popular in Eastern Canada, so it was pretty easy to find their records in record stores or 2nd-hand places. I think I paid 25 cents for Acquiring the Taste, and 1$ for Three Friends! :o

I remember that album Giant Steps was the only place you could find the song "The Power and The Glory"

• Like 1

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

I remember that album Giant Steps was the only place you could find the song "The Power and The Glory"

You are correct, sir! I'd forgotten about that forgettable track!

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

You are correct, sir! I'd forgotten about that forgettable track!

Aw I love that song!

• Like 1

Acquiring the Taste

Three Friends

Free Hand

The Power and the Glory

Interview

Giant for a Day

You are correct, sir! I'd forgotten about that forgettable quite reasonable track!

Aw I love that song!

Fixed for ya. Sorry!

• Like 1