Texas King

System of a Down vs. Deftones?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. System of a Down vs. Deftones?

• System of a Down
    • Deftones
    • Not a fan of either.

Deftones easily.

Linkin Park and Deftones are the two best bands ever mislabelled Nu Metal (stupid name).

Deftones. Is this even a question?

Around the Fur is awesome. Their latest album Gore is great too. SOAD sucks

Deftones never release bad albums. Judt different levels of greatness.

• Like 1

NONE

True dat.

I haven't a clue about either of these bands.

But just based on the genre tag...I think I'll keep listening to Maiden and Priest.

Nu Metal is a stupid label though. Not sure why System would be called that. They have a very individual sound. They're an off the wall mix of thrash and punk.

• Like 2

Sophie's choice here. The two so called nu metal bands that I actually like. Deftones is my pick, obviously. *looks at avatar*

No disrespect to the late Chester because but Deftones are the band Linkin wish they were. Linkin is Coldplay to their Radiohead.

Linkin Park sound nothing like Deftones and never tried nor wanted too.

• Like 2

NONE

True dat.

But just based on the genre tag...I think I'll keep listening to Maiden and Priest.

Deftones release beautiful music. If anything stands out as something I think you could like I will let you know.

• Like 1

NONE

True dat.

Nu Metal is a stupid label though. Not sure why System would be called that. They have a very individual sound. They're an off the wall mix of thrash and punk.

Agreed. Never got the whole "nu metal" label. All the respected bands sound diverse. Deftones sound nothing like Korn, who sound nothing like SOAD, who sound nothing like Linkin Park who sound nothing like Limp Bizkit.

• Like 2

NONE

True dat.

Agreed. Never got the whole "nu metal" label. All the respected bands sound diverse. Deftones sound nothing like Korn, who sound nothing like SOAD, who sound nothing like Linkin Park who sound nothing like Limp Bizkit.

Don't forget that Disturbed and Slipknot got stuck with that label as well and neither band sounds like anyone else in the genre.

• Like 2

NONE

True dat.

Nothing like expanding your music horizons, eh? #stuckintheeighties

The various things I listen to can be found in the albums I listen to, and post. A lot of people here can attest to the breadth and variation of what I spin.

So you can kindly sod off.

• Like 3

NONE

True dat.

The various things I listen to can be found in the albums I listen to, and post. A lot of people here can attest to the breadth and variation of what I spin.

So you can kindly sod off.

I shall not. If you write off a band based on a genre (that's wrong in this case, by the way) that just seems silly. Even discounting a band that actually is a particular genre is silly. There are some great songs that come from just about any genre whether it be Nu Metal or even Pop. There are also some completely terrible songs that fall under the heading of progressive or NWOBHM.

I've probably heard just 2 or 3 songs by System. Didn't like them at all.

I've seen Deftones twice at music festivals. I disliked them both times but I waded through their sets both times because I wanted to keep my good spot for the next bands. The first couple of songs I thought I MIGHT be able to get into them. BUT I was wrong and I was bored.

NONE

True dat.

To quote Palmer from The Thing:

You gotta be f***ing kidding

• Like 4

That's a great movie that some people won't watch because it's in a genre they don't care for.

Blue J really enjoys Lacuna Coil and there music has a lot of nu metal influence from about 2006 onwards.

• Like 2