Rush Senior Quote

Justus_2112

Obviously there are tons of wonderful lyrics to use, but I'd suggest looking into some non-lyric quotes as well. The guys have been known to say some pretty awesome stuff when not playing their instruments as well.

I believe Neil has a great one that goes something like: "I'm just a reflection of everyone else." Very humbling and full of empathy.

• Like 1

Also congrats on nearly being done with four of the likely strangest and most memorable years of your life, not to say what comes next is any less memorable or insane.

Armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist

Deconstruction primitive performance photo-realist

Be-bop or a one-drop or a hip-hop lite-pop-metallist

Gold adult contemporary urban country capitalist

Noooooo.....don't let your final words be those! :LOL:

Funny thing is I actually really like that song. The quote is a bit long, though.

So I'm gonna graduate this year, and I can't think of a senior quote. Everyone knows me as the guy who has 19 Rush shirts, so I want to do a quote from a Rush song. What should I use? (Also, I don't want to use "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.")

A friend of mine did that. The other ones used quotes from Circumstances, Vital Signs, and Digital Man.

Me? I thought I eventually would grow out of Rush and went with Confucius. What a dumbass thought that turned out to be. Rush is life.

• Like 2

My buddy chose one that's kinda appropriate, as it discusses growing-up:

Growing up, it all seems so one-sided,

Opinions all provided,

The future pre-decided.

I chose something a little more whackadoo:

Because he was human

Because he had goodness

Because he was moral

They called him insane.

If you live in the burbs............

In the high school halls

In the shopping malls

Conform or be cast out

In the basement bars

In the backs of cars

Be cool or be cast out

I grew up in the burbs and this fits that existence to a T. And mind you, I was one of the "cool" kids (varsity jock) yet I could see the falseness of the whole thing and felt much more like the kid at the table reading the book in the video for this song. Sadly, this song wasn't released until I was well out of high school (graduated in '75) but I flat out knew the minute I heard it the very first time.