Keith Richards

Lorraine

Excellent guitarist, never overplays. Always serves the song, probably because he's such an incredible songwriter as well. I'd argue he's actually a better songwriter than he is a guitarist, but he basically made the two into the same thing in his career.
  • Like 5

Excellent guitarist, never overplays. Always serves the song, probably because he's such an incredible songwriter as well. I'd argue he's actually a better songwriter than he is a guitarist, but he basically made the two into the same thing in his career.

I never paid much attention to who the songwriters were, but you're right - it's him and Mick, and I wonder who, of the two of them, actually did the most.

They really were talented. Some of those old songs were classics.

• Like 2

I never paid much attention to who the songwriters were, but you're right - it's him and Mick, and I wonder who, of the two of them, actually did the most.

They really were talented. Some of those old songs were classics.

From my perspective, a LOT of those old songs were classics, but yeah I do wonder which one did more. A lot of their songs were credited to both, like the Beatles.

• Like 2

I wonder who liked the piano so much - Keith or Mick - they sure made use of it a lot back then. Some of those songs wouldn't have ever been the same without the piano (i.e. You Can't Always Get What You Want - Jigsaw Puzzle).

Mick for sure

• Like 1

I wonder who liked the piano so much - Keith or Mick - they sure made use of it a lot back then. Some of those songs wouldn't have ever been the same without the piano (i.e. You Can't Always Get What You Want - Jigsaw Puzzle).

Mick for sure

http://youtu.be/BCC6fxrmA9M

Thanks, Custom. I never knew that. :cheers:

You've seen them a few times I'm sure back in their heyday. Who played the piano on stage with them before they invented triggers (or whatever they call those foot pedals/buttons at their feet that they trigger)?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Mick for sure

You've seen them a few times I'm sure back in their heyday. Who played the piano on stage with them before they invented triggers (or whatever they call those foot pedals/buttons at their feet that they trigger)?

Not sure about the triggers and who played on stage but in the early years...

Ian McLagan

Ian Stewart

• Like 1

Mick for sure

Not sure about the triggers and who played on stage but in the early years...

Ian McLagan

Ian Stewart

I guess I'm wondering if they brought Nicky Hopkins along with them on tour, but I kind of doubt it.

One of the all time greats.

I think it amazes me he could do so much considering he was out of it most of the time.

A lot of the greats would have never come up with most of the stuff they did if they weren't out of it. Whether they were on something or they were naturally like that it helped a lot with their creativity.

Keith came up with many of the most iconic rock riffs of all time. One of the all time best rhythm guitar players. He has such a laid back vibe. Sometimes it doesn't even look like he's putting any effort into his playing but there's sound so he's doing something right lol.

• Like 4

One of the all time greats.

I think it amazes me he could do so much considering he was out of it most of the time.

A lot of the greats would have never come up with most of the stuff they did if they weren't out of it. Whether they were on something or they were naturally like that it helped a lot with their creativity.

Keith came up with many of the most iconic rock riffs of all time. One of the all time best rhythm guitar players. He has such a laid back vibe. Sometimes it doesn't even look like he's putting any effort into his playing but there's sound so he's doing something right lol.

He looks so lazy, so nonchalant, that's because he literally can't play it any other way but right, so there's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

I wish i had appreciated more the talent of many of these musicians back then. But I took them for granted, and didn't realize the talent that was behind their music.

I know what you mean. There was so much good music and talent around back in the day and I was so young. I just thought it was the norm and they would always be around. I'm glad Keith still is. Who'd a thunk it?

• Like 1

I wish i had appreciated more the talent of many of these musicians back then. But I took them for granted, and didn't realize the talent that was behind their music.

I know what you mean. There was so much good music and talent around back in the day and I was so young. I just thought it was the norm and they would always be around. I'm glad Keith still is. Who'd a thunk it?

That's it exactly: What?!! Not everyone is still talented??? :LOL:

• Like 1