Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 21 September 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 19 September 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Rush, Kiss, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Nirvana, 21 Pilots, The Beatles, Linkin Park, Panic! At The Disco, Oasis, Nickelback, Metallica
I agree with the rest of your list but how are the Beatles polarizing?

A lot of people think they are very overrated, even me.

Don't judge The Beatles by today's music standards. They don't really sound that special given all the music that has come after them. But if you realize that everything they did back in the 60s was done by them first, you may have more appreciation for them and see they are rated accordingly.

I know what you mean, but to my ears they sound special. Some of their music has a magic untouched by time, or the subsequent bands who were inspired by them.

Sponsored Post

#42 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 17063 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 21 September 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Rush, Kiss, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Nirvana, 21 Pilots, The Beatles, Linkin Park, Panic! At The Disco, Oasis, Nickelback, Metallica

Don't judge The Beatles by today's music standards. They don't really sound that special given all the music that has come after them. But if you realize that everything they did back in the 60s was done by them first, you may have more appreciation for them and see they are rated accordingly.

I know what you mean, but to my ears they sound special. Some of their music has a magic untouched by time, or the subsequent bands who were inspired by them.

i don't play the Beatles to often anymore but when i do.....i'm always struck by the special feeling i get from their music.  i don't really fet that certain feeling from any other band.

Mick

#43 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 45141 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

I agree with u Segue

#44 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 31679 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

View Postfraroc, on 21 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 20 September 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 20 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 19 September 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 19 September 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ted Nugent, although it is more for his politics than his actual music

I don't deny he has talent, but as a human being, he and his entire f***ing trailer trash fanbase can seriously f**k off.

You know, it's a funny thing.  When Hillary Clinton talked about the "deplorables" during the 2016 presidential campaign, a friend of mine made a great observation:  If I say 50% of your friends are idiots, 100% of your friends think I'm talking about them.

Ted's "entire f*cking trailer trash fanbase," includes many people, like me, who think his catalog contains some excellent no frills rock.  And I live in a single family home.  ;)

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of him and Dave Fuckstaine making the entire rock/metal community look like a bunch of uneducated bigot fucks.

You make this kind of mistake often. They're not "making the entire rock/mental community look like a bunch of uneducated bla bla bla", they're making THEMSELVES look like guys who'd say such stuff.

You worry too damn much about what so and so looks like.

I'm just saying that when you look at guys like Ted Nugent, Tom Araya, Phil Anselmo and Dave Mustaine, then you'll kind of understand why back in late 2014 and early 2015, certain people tried to go after metal and the metal community, trying to say that we're a bunch of backwards-ass conservative assholes. Granted, the movement fizzled out very fast, but my point is, the reason why that whole thing happened was because of how those four assholes reflected upon the entire metalhead community.

Sheesh. You're like some stereotypical young woman primping her hair for hours and overly concerned about what it looks like so she repeatedly asks her flatmates how it looks before she goes out!

Who cares if Ted and Dave are in magazine ads for your favorite hair spray!

It's not like you're going to stop spraying and brushing your hair the way you do!

#45 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 19048 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 21 September 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I agree with u Segue
I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, "The Beatles did." - Kurt Vonnegut

#46 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 33814 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

I don't deny he has talent, but as a human being, he and his entire f***ing trailer trash fanbase can seriously f**k off.

You know, it's a funny thing.  When Hillary Clinton talked about the "deplorables" during the 2016 presidential campaign, a friend of mine made a great observation:  If I say 50% of your friends are idiots, 100% of your friends think I'm talking about them.

Ted's "entire f*cking trailer trash fanbase," includes many people, like me, who think his catalog contains some excellent no frills rock.  And I live in a single family home.  ;)

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of him and Dave Fuckstaine making the entire rock/metal community look like a bunch of uneducated bigot fucks.

You make this kind of mistake often. They're not "making the entire rock/mental community look like a bunch of uneducated bla bla bla", they're making THEMSELVES look like guys who'd say such stuff.

I'm just saying that when you look at guys like Ted Nugent, Tom Araya, Phil Anselmo and Dave Mustaine, then you'll kind of understand why back in late 2014 and early 2015, certain people tried to go after metal and the metal community, trying to say that we're a bunch of backwards-ass conservative assholes. Granted, the movement fizzled out very fast, but my point is, the reason why that whole thing happened was because of how those four assholes reflected upon the entire metalhead community.

Sheesh. You're like some stereotypical young woman primping her hair for hours and overly concerned about what it looks like so she repeatedly asks her flatmates how it looks before she goes out!

It's not like you're going to stop spraying and brushing your hair the way you do!

Considering I act like some stereotypical young woman primping her hair for hours and overly concerned about what it looks like so she repeatedly asks her flatmates how it looks before she goes out, it amazes me that I don't talk like this!

#47 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 33814 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:44 AM

View PostReRushed, on 21 September 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 21 September 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I agree with u Segue
I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, "The Beatles did." - Kurt Vonnegut

I will always side with you on tve greatness of this band. Always. To the death.

#48 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 31679 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 22 September 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Considering I act like some stereotypical young woman primping her hair for hours and overly concerned about what it looks like so she repeatedly asks her flatmates how it looks before she goes out, it amazes me that I don't talk like this!
:lol:

#49 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Get your "MOXY" on bitches!

#50 Texas King

Texas King

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Dream Theater
Rolling Stones - I know many people dislike them

#51 Texas King

Texas King

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Pearl Jam too. Many people can't stand Eddie Vedder.

#52 thirteen

thirteen

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:Guitar.
    AC/DC, Rush, Seasick Steve, SRV, Rainbow/Deep Purple.

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

Dream Theater
I'll be honest, DT are one of the few bands that I don't do anything for me at any level.
I know they can play their instruments (obviously) but everything I've heard leaves me meh...

I can typically find something enjoyable in all music, but somehow not with Dream Theater.

As for the most polarizing band? IMO Rush (in particular Geddy) by a landslide.

#53 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 33814 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:06 AM

View Postthirteen, on 24 February 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

Dream Theater
I'll be honest, DT are one of the few bands that I don't do anything for me at any level.
I know they can play their instruments (obviously) but everything I've heard leaves me meh...

I can typically find something enjoyable in all music, but somehow not with Dream Theater.

As for the most polarizing band? IMO Rush (in particular Geddy) by a landslide.

I can see that about DT. I mostly agree to be fair, as once I got over the musicianship, I got bored.

#54 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 17063 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

Radiohead is one i can think of.

I love em.

but man are the people split.

Mick

#55 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 23621 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostTexas King, on 23 February 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Dream Theater

The Stones?  They are about as close to a universally revered band as you will find.  Contrarians might disagree, but I don’t think a 95% approval rating is fairly called “polarizing.”

#56 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 17063 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 24 February 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Dream Theater

The Stones?  They are about as close to a universally revered band as you will find.  Contrarians might disagree, but I don’t think a 95% approval rating is fairly called “polarizing.”

i'm not a fan but i've heard nothing but glowing praise.

i think some people need to look up polarizing, lol

Mick

#57 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 23621 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

View Postbluefox4000, on 24 February 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 24 February 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Dream Theater

i'm not a fan but i've heard nothing but glowing praise.

i think some people need to look up polarizing, lol

Mick

Yeah.  I think people think there are many words that mean, “I don’t like them.”  See, overrated.

#58 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

In general, bands that start with the letter "D" seems to be very polarizing...

Posted Image

Edited by goose, 24 February 2018 - 01:02 PM.

#59 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

Edited by goose, 24 February 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#60 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users