• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 19896 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

When it comes to bands that people loved then hate for changing their sound, Metallica owns this thread.

Sponsored Post

#22 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2613 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

KISS
Dream Theater
Dragonforce
System Of A Down
Black Veil Brides
Dave Matthews Band
Marillion (both eras)

#23 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2613 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

View PostLucas, on 19 September 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ted Nugent, although it is more for his politics than his actual music

I don't deny he has talent, but as a human being, he and his entire f***ing trailer trash fanbase can seriously f**k off.

#24 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101854 posts
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

View Postdjflex, on 19 September 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Insane clown posse

Yep, thats it

Juggalo here myself and just back from washinton march you may have saw in the news

WOOP WOOOOOP

#25 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7599 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

View Postdjflex, on 19 September 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 19 September 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

View Postdjflex, on 19 September 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Insane clown posse

Yep, thats it

Juggalo here myself and just back from washinton march you may have saw in the news
Polarizing for sure! Glad you got to go to Washington. Being incorrectly labeled a federal gang threat was horrible. Not real into their music myself but a childhood friend married a guy in their organization; nice guy and interesting to hear about how some of the finances work in the music business.

Lol, was not srs tho!

Shoot, was just about to give you some Faygo!  :lol:

#26 Lurkst

Lurkst

The Seeker

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

The Beatles for sure. That they have many many obsessed fans is a given, but I've never come across more vociferous haters than some of the ones who diss their music.

#27 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32220 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostLurkst, on 20 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

The Beatles for sure. That they have many many obsessed fans is a given, but I've never come across more vociferous haters than some of the ones who diss their music.

Yeah? Weird. I've never come across a Beatles hater. I've met plenty of "I'm not into them" or "They're overrated" type folks but no outright haters.

#28 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 25225 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

View Postfraroc, on 19 September 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

I don't deny he has talent, but as a human being, he and his entire f***ing trailer trash fanbase can seriously f**k off.

You know, it's a funny thing.  When Hillary Clinton talked about the "deplorables" during the 2016 presidential campaign, a friend of mine made a great observation:  If I say 50% of your friends are idiots, 100% of your friends think I'm talking about them.

Ted's "entire f*cking trailer trash fanbase," includes many people, like me, who think his catalog contains some excellent no frills rock.  And I live in a single family home.  ;)

#29 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46674 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostLurkst, on 20 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

I hate the Beatles fandom, I think they are overrated but got pretty okay music

Edited by Permanent-Rush, 20 September 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#30 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 35586 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Machine Head
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge
    Mekong Delta

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

The Beatles to me are likely the greatest band ever.

But ten years ago i hated them.

I was an idiot.

#31 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2613 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 20 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

You know, it's a funny thing.  When Hillary Clinton talked about the "deplorables" during the 2016 presidential campaign, a friend of mine made a great observation:  If I say 50% of your friends are idiots, 100% of your friends think I'm talking about them.

Ted's "entire f*cking trailer trash fanbase," includes many people, like me, who think his catalog contains some excellent no frills rock.  And I live in a single family home.  ;)

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of him and Dave Fuckstaine making the entire rock/metal community look like a bunch of uneducated bigot fucks.

Edited by fraroc, 20 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#32 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32220 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

View Postfraroc, on 20 September 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of him and Dave Fuckstaine making the entire rock/metal community look like a bunch of uneducated bigot fucks.

You make this kind of mistake often. They're not "making the entire rock/mental community look like a bunch of uneducated bla bla bla", they're making THEMSELVES look like guys who'd say such stuff.

You worry too damn much about what so and so looks like.

#33 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2613 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

You make this kind of mistake often. They're not "making the entire rock/mental community look like a bunch of uneducated bla bla bla", they're making THEMSELVES look like guys who'd say such stuff.

I'm just saying that when you look at guys like Ted Nugent, Tom Araya, Phil Anselmo and Dave Mustaine, then you'll kind of understand why back in late 2014 and early 2015, certain people tried to go after metal and the metal community, trying to say that we're a bunch of backwards-ass conservative assholes. Granted, the movement fizzled out very fast, but my point is, the reason why that whole thing happened was because of how those four assholes reflected upon the entire metalhead community.

Edited by fraroc, 21 September 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#34 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 35586 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Machine Head
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge
    Mekong Delta

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postfraroc, on 21 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'm just saying that when you look at guys like Ted Nugent, Tom Araya, Phil Anselmo and Dave Mustaine, then you'll kind of understand why back in late 2014 and early 2015, certain people tried to go after metal and the metal community, trying to say that we're a bunch of backwards-ass conservative assholes. Granted, the movement fizzled out very fast, but my point is, the reason why that whole thing happened was because of how those four assholes reflected upon the entire metalhead community.

People are allowed to speak their mind just as much as you are entitled to be a pussy.

#35 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 17911 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Fraoc.  if you can't take the responses.  don't make the threads.

Almost 2 weeks off.  i come back and you STILL keep on, lol

Mick

#36 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 19896 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

He's a douche no matter what he believes.  No party is immune.  Don Henley is on the opposite political end but he's a douche as well.  The late Johnny Ramone was republican but I have more respect for him than I will for Henley or Bono because he wasn't a psycho like Nugent.

Edited by invisible airwave, 21 September 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#37 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 22463 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 19 September 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Rush, Kiss, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Nirvana, 21 Pilots, The Beatles, Linkin Park, Panic! At The Disco, Oasis, Nickelback, Metallica
I agree with the rest of your list but how are the Beatles polarizing?

#38 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46674 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Rush, Kiss, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Nirvana, 21 Pilots, The Beatles, Linkin Park, Panic! At The Disco, Oasis, Nickelback, Metallica

A lot of people think they are very overrated, even me.

#39 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postfraroc, on 21 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Idk, Dave and Tom have always seemed like wonderful people to me. Granted Dave's ego is bigger than his band, but with his skill and accomplishments I generally agree with his opinions of himself, lol.

#40 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11416 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

A lot of people think they are very overrated, even me.

Don't judge The Beatles by today's music standards. They don't really sound that special given all the music that has come after them. But if you realize that everything they did back in the 60s was done by them first, you may have more appreciation for them and see they are rated accordingly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users