Lossless audio file extension .ape- conversion tool question

Blue J

I downloaded a .rar file a couple of days ago, and when I unpacked it, I found that it was in .ape, which I've never seen before. So then I found a conversion tool for that, because .ape is not a listenable format.

I had never heard of the company offering this conversion too, called Faasoft. But when I started the download, it would not tell me how large the file was, for the tool. It just listed a question mark. So then I thought that might be bogus, or even harmful, so I stopped the download right there and got rid of it.

Has anybody worked with .ape before? What do you use to convert those files to FLAC, or any other listenable format?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Why would you want to change the .ape file? You can listen to it by using a player like Winamp. Or just download the plugin (in_ape.dll) for the player you use. If you want to convert the file go here http://www.monkeysaudio.com/
  • Like 1

I downloaded a .rar file a couple of days ago, and when I unpacked it, I found that it was in .ape, which I've never seen before. So then I found a conversion tool for that, because .ape is not a listenable format.

I had never heard of the company offering this conversion too, called Faasoft. But when I started the download, it would not tell me how large the file was, for the tool. It just listed a question mark. So then I thought that might be bogus, or even harmful, so I stopped the download right there and got rid of it.

Has anybody worked with .ape before? What do you use to convert those files to FLAC, or any other listenable format?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried this?

https://appleclinic.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/convert-ape-cue-to-mp3-osx/