Harry Dean Stanton Dies at 91

ReRushed

I just looked at his filmography. He had a 14-4 record with me and some of those appearances (whether a major role or small cameo) are in a few flicks that I really enjoyed such as Alien, Escape from New York, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and Marvel's Avengers.

RIP :rose:

This sucks but he lived a long life! I am seeing John Carpenter perform his soundtracks again this year. I am sure John will mention Harry when he performs the "Escape From New York" Theme.

RIP

LEGNED

• Like 1

Wow. Sad news. Paris, Texas is probably one of the best films of the eighties. Unfortunately it's also one of the most overlooked of that decade these days. I remember seeing him in Pretty or Pink or something like that but he had more of a supporting role in that. Other than those two I don't know much about him and never saw anything else he was in. Still, he was great in Paris, Texas. RIP.
  • Like 1

Wow. Sad news. Paris, Texas is probably one of the best films of the eighties. Unfortunately it's also one of the most overlooked of that decade these days. I remember seeing him in Pretty or Pink or something like that but he had more of a supporting role in that. Other than those two I don't know much about him and never saw anything else he was in. Still, he was great in Paris, Texas. RIP.

Paris, Texas really hit me on an emotional level. One of the greatest films of all time.

You beat me to it!!!! My absolute favorite Harry Dean Stanton scene ever! May he rest in peace and I look forward to the day we see him again.

Another one of the good ones gone. This years list is as bad as last years list.

I just realized that Harry is the third major actor from Alien/Aliens to pass away this year. The first two being John Hurt and Bill Paxton.

Aye, the Alien is finally having it's revenge.

BRAIN!!!!! I will always remember him as Brain in Escape From New York.

You beat me to it!!!! My absolute favorite Harry Dean Stanton scene ever! May he rest in peace and I look forward to the day we see him again.

Are they going to reincarnate him or do you mean via hologram?

I can actually imagine Lynch doing something like that. He is the king of surreal, you know?

Are they going to reincarnate him or do you mean via hologram?

I can actually imagine Lynch doing something like that. He is the king of surreal, you know?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze