Jump to content


Dan Rather to interview Geddy Lee


  • Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#81 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

View Postedhunter, on 15 September 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 15 September 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

Love it, looking very forward to this

Not sure what the problem is here though - how could anyone have a problem w/ Dan Rather interviewing Ged ??

DR: Geddy, your first album was released during the Nixon regime. How do you feel about Gerald Ford pardoning him over Watergate?

GL: Er, what?

DR: Your most popular record was released during the Reagan Administration. Don't you think Reagan should have been executed for Iran/Contra?

GL: Uhh.....

DR: Did despair over the Bush 41 regime lead to the recording of Presto without a bass guitar, or that God-awful rapping skeleton on Roll the Bones?

GL: I never thought about that...

DR: During your triumphant return in 2002, were you aware George W.Bush was snorting coke in the Oval Office and paying off  witnesses who could verify he dodged service in Viet Nam? I have proof.

GL: Neil gave him the coke.

DR: Now enjoying your retirement, how do you feel about the current great embarrassment of America?

GL: I thought she looked like an old hag on Anderson Cooper. Build that wall baby! And we want one on our side too!

:rfl:

Sponsored Post

#82 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4394 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostNew_World_Man, on 17 September 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

What the heck does Dan Rather know about Rush? Lol.

If he is well prepared, does his research and asks provocative questions he doesn't need to know much. If he doesn't, all bets are off.

#83 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1961 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostJARG, on 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 16 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

His interview with Hagar was pretty good. They went into some specifics about eddies behavior and Hagar talked about all the chiks he smashed on the f**k tour.. said his dick stopped working after a while cause he was so worn out.


Dan:  The old Red Rocker himself.  So where does that name come from, anyway?  

(follows up with...)

Dan:  So who is the Red Rocker, really?


I hope it gets better.  :lol:

Did you see how those two questions pretty much instantly put Sammy at ease while also getting him into an introspective mood? Well done, Dan.
It seems to me there are some people here that don't understand how good Rather is at interviewing people. This will not be his first rodeo and I'll wager anyone here he elicits info from Ged none of us knew before and Ged will be utterly comfortable talking bout it cuz Rather has made him feel that way.
Highly recommend his interviews with the late, great Gregg Allman and Carly Simon.

Edited by driventotheedge, 25 September 2017 - 03:53 PM.


#84 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61289 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 25 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 16 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

His interview with Hagar was pretty good. They went into some specifics about eddies behavior and Hagar talked about all the chiks he smashed on the f**k tour.. said his dick stopped working after a while cause he was so worn out.


Dan:  The old Red Rocker himself.  So where does that name come from, anyway?  

(follows up with...)

Dan:  So who is the Red Rocker, really?


I hope it gets better.  :lol:

Did you see how those two questions pretty much instantly put Sammy at ease while also getting him into an introspective mood? Well done, Dan.
It seems to me there are some people here that don't understand how good Rather is at interviewing people. This will not be his first rodeo and I'll wager anyone here he elicits info from Ged none of us knew before and Ged will be utterly comfortable talking bout it cuz Rather has made him feel that way.
I'll take that bet.

#85 NewWorldScott

NewWorldScott

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

It'll be nice to hear from Geddy. He's always a great interview.

#86 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1961 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

View Postgoose, on 25 September 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 25 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 16 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

His interview with Hagar was pretty good. They went into some specifics about eddies behavior and Hagar talked about all the chiks he smashed on the f**k tour.. said his dick stopped working after a while cause he was so worn out.


Dan:  The old Red Rocker himself.  So where does that name come from, anyway?  

(follows up with...)

Dan:  So who is the Red Rocker, really?


I hope it gets better.  :lol:

Did you see how those two questions pretty much instantly put Sammy at ease while also getting him into an introspective mood? Well done, Dan.
It seems to me there are some people here that don't understand how good Rather is at interviewing people. This will not be his first rodeo and I'll wager anyone here he elicits info from Ged none of us knew before and Ged will be utterly comfortable talking bout it cuz Rather has made him feel that way.
I'll take that bet.
Cool. I admit it'll be difficult to get anything from Ged that's new to us since we're all such hardcore Rush fans, but I'll stick by what I said because Rather is really good. He did get Carly Simon to oh, you know, admit she's still in love with James Taylor, on camera for all the world to see and hear.

#87 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17940 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 27 September 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 September 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 25 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 16 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

His interview with Hagar was pretty good. They went into some specifics about eddies behavior and Hagar talked about all the chiks he smashed on the f**k tour.. said his dick stopped working after a while cause he was so worn out.


Dan:  The old Red Rocker himself.  So where does that name come from, anyway?  

(follows up with...)

Dan:  So who is the Red Rocker, really?


I hope it gets better.  :lol:

Did you see how those two questions pretty much instantly put Sammy at ease while also getting him into an introspective mood? Well done, Dan.
It seems to me there are some people here that don't understand how good Rather is at interviewing people. This will not be his first rodeo and I'll wager anyone here he elicits info from Ged none of us knew before and Ged will be utterly comfortable talking bout it cuz Rather has made him feel that way.
I'll take that bet.
Cool. I admit it'll be difficult to get anything from Ged that's new to us since we're all such hardcore Rush fans, but I'll stick by what I said because Rather is really good. He did get Carly Simon to oh, you know, admit she's still in love with James Taylor, on camera for all the world to see and hear.

I need to seek out the one with Gregg Allman- I wasn't aware of that one.

#88 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Here's a quote from the following Dan Rather interview:

“In The Big Interview, we’re less interested in the subject’s current project or current release,” Rather says. “We’re more interested in who you are. Who are you as a person? What makes you angry? What passion do you have outside your work?

Dan Rather: ‘Have the guts to dig into stories people in power don’t want’

#89 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4394 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostRushFanForever, on 08 October 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Here's a quote from the following Dan Rather interview:

“In The Big Interview, we’re less interested in the subject’s current project or current release,” Rather says. “We’re more interested in who you are. Who are you as a person? What makes you angry? What passion do you have outside your work?

Dan Rather: ‘Have the guts to dig into stories people in power don’t want’

That won't exactly be news either unless he goes deep.

#90 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3239 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

View Postytserush, on 10 October 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostRushFanForever, on 08 October 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Here's a quote from the following Dan Rather interview:

“In The Big Interview, we’re less interested in the subject’s current project or current release,” Rather says. “We’re more interested in who you are. Who are you as a person? What makes you angry? What passion do you have outside your work?

Dan Rather: ‘Have the guts to dig into stories people in power don’t want’

That won't exactly be news either unless he goes deep.

I'm guessing this isn't an interview directed at the die-hards.

#91 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 75210 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

I hope we find out how he did in fantasy baseball.   Though no one gets as much out of his guests than Matthew Berry.



#92 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61289 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 27 September 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 September 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 25 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 17 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 16 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

His interview with Hagar was pretty good. They went into some specifics about eddies behavior and Hagar talked about all the chiks he smashed on the f**k tour.. said his dick stopped working after a while cause he was so worn out.


Dan:  The old Red Rocker himself.  So where does that name come from, anyway?  

(follows up with...)

Dan:  So who is the Red Rocker, really?


I hope it gets better.  :lol:

Did you see how those two questions pretty much instantly put Sammy at ease while also getting him into an introspective mood? Well done, Dan.
It seems to me there are some people here that don't understand how good Rather is at interviewing people. This will not be his first rodeo and I'll wager anyone here he elicits info from Ged none of us knew before and Ged will be utterly comfortable talking bout it cuz Rather has made him feel that way.
I'll take that bet.
Cool. I admit it'll be difficult to get anything from Ged that's new to us since we're all such hardcore Rush fans, but I'll stick by what I said because Rather is really good. He did get Carly Simon to oh, you know, admit she's still in love with James Taylor, on camera for all the world to see and hear.
Admit it or say it?

#93 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1961 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".

#94 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".

What a shitty thing to do.  That would really piss me off...

#95 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7602 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 October 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".

What a shitty thing to do.  That would really piss me off...

:lol:  :lol:

#96 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".
well he could just ask for the piece of paper and then piss on it. Here...have some DNA as well.

#97 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2007 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 19 October 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".
well he could just ask for the piece of paper and then piss on it. Here...have some DNA as well.

And then we could clone our own Geddy choirs!

Edited by Wil1972, 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM.


#98 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostWil1972, on 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 19 October 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".
well he could just ask for the piece of paper and then piss on it. Here...have some DNA as well.

And then we could clone our own Geddy choirs!

Never trust someone cloned from urine.  They're not real pee-ple.

#99 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 651 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Grad School of Rock

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

I dont have AXS...so bummed.

#100 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7602 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 October 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostWil1972, on 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 19 October 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

View Postdriventotheedge, on 19 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

There was a preview broadcast last night and Ged talked about a couple of things. One was what he found most awkward in dealing with fans and that was being asked for an autograph when he;s in a public restroom doing his "business".
well he could just ask for the piece of paper and then piss on it. Here...have some DNA as well.

And then we could clone our own Geddy choirs!

Never trust someone cloned from urine.  They're not real pee-ple.
:lol:  :lol:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users