Lacuna Coil- Comalies

Lacuna Coil- Broken Crown Halo

Nightwish- Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Paradise Lost- Draconian Times

Paradise Lost- The Plague Within

Tangerine Dream's Phaedra come to mind

Fragile still sounds amazing today

Bob Ezrin brought in a calliope, a choir, an orchestra, miked up his kids with a inner-ear microphone and KISS' Destroyer still sounds better than anything today

There's a calliope on Destroyer?

220px-Kratz_Steam_Calliope.jpg

I must listen to Phaedra again.

• Like 1

Tangerine Dream's Phaedra come to mind

Fragile still sounds amazing today

Bob Ezrin brought in a calliope, a choir, an orchestra, miked up his kids with a inner-ear microphone and KISS' Destroyer still sounds better than anything today

There's a calliope on Destroyer?

220px-Kratz_Steam_Calliope.jpg

Flaming Youth !!

One of the most underrated songs in the catalog

@1:50 is etched in my memories forever

• Like 2

Paysage d'hiver

Typical of this artist. My second favorite Black Metal act. The absolute master of atmosphere. His music will make you feel as if you're trapped in a blizzard in the alps and are literally at the edges of your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSO77ExdzDk

:eh:

What

Paysage d'hiver

Typical of this artist. My second favorite Black Metal act. The absolute master of atmosphere. His music will make you feel as if you're trapped in a blizzard in the alps and are literally at the edges of your life.

What

I played the whole of that video and was swept away by its beauty! What a totally gorgeous and inspiring work! The scuzzy sound and the way all those little nuances fade in and out and the melodies, if you can even call them that...I was listening with my eyes shut and it was just so haunting.

Not listened to black metal much, I used to live Emperor and early Satyricon, and that is about it. Recently fallen in love with early Alcest, which is often labelled black metal.

But this was something else entirely!

• Like 1

Paysage d'hiver

What

I played the whole of that video and was swept away by its beauty! What a totally gorgeous and inspiring work! The scuzzy sound and the way all those little nuances fade in and out and the melodies, if you can even call them that...I was listening with my eyes shut and it was just so haunting.

Not listened to black metal much, I used to live Emperor and early Satyricon, and that is about it. Recently fallen in love with early Alcest, which is often labelled black metal.

But this was something else entirely!

Paysage D'hiver is definitely one of my all time favorite bands. The violins in that song are absolutely incredible. Unworldly stuff

If you wanna get into his work, my favorite demo of his is by far Schattengang followed by Das Tor and the s/t Welt Aus Eis is on. He has fully ambient works, like the demo Die Fustung and Einsamkeit. I think if you like the spacy melodies, you'd like Schattengang like myself.

Here is a link to his bandcamp. All his releases are demos, and a couple splits. When he rarely releases a new demo, get the cassette, it'll be worth it in the end seeing as they're very limited. Also, Alcest is great and you should listen to Lantlos if you like that stuff. Neige (the vocalist of Alcest) did vocals on two Lantlos albums (.neon and Agape)

https://paysagedhiver.bandcamp.com/

Paysage d'hiver

What

Quite.
  • Like 1

Boston - Don't Look Back

I don't like the production, especially compared to the sound of the debut. I find that DLB has the vocals buried. Third Stage is better.

I don't know...the Tom Scholtz remaster is incredible. Much better then the debut to me. Third Stage is very good too. Maybe the music on DLB just grabs me so much that it makes me partial to it. "A Man I'll Never Be" gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. One of the best song endings ever.

Were here because were here - anathema

I thought the last amorphis - under the red cloud sounded great

Anathema is great. I prefer Weather Systems though. Amorphis is awesome as well

• Like 1

Some "Greatest Hits" packages that were remastered just for that release sound great too. A couple examples are;

Tesla - Gold

Styx - Gold

Eddie Money - The Complete Hits And More

Speaking of Styx, their new album "The Mission" sounds exceptional.

The 70s' band "Starz" remastered and released all of their studio albums a couple years ago. All of those sound great. Especially the debut.

The new Kansas album "The Prelude Implicint" sounds very good too.

• Like 3

This one was always fun to crank up to 11, especially in the car. Great album to cruise around.

(Trevor Horn and Steve Howe were involved somehow. Just sayin'.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDHEGQ3L6Y

• Like 1