• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#421 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1551 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

208-- American Masters (1985-present). An excellent biographical documentary series on iconic Americans or people who've made it big in America, mostly in the arts but also from other walks of life.

Sponsored Post

#422 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1551 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

209-- American Experience (1988-present). Another excellent documentary series on PBS, this one focussing on a wide range of events of American history.

#423 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

210) That 70's show (1998-2006)

In some ways I am a tad too young to relate to this show in that I was only in single digits during the decade it takes place. However, it seems like a lot of it is probably pretty accurate. The truth however is that the themes and characters could be from just about any decade though and there are probably some inconsistencies here and there. For example did anyone really say "burn" to mean you insulted someone back then? Maybe it was a regional thing. Not sure. Anyway, it was good fun while it lasted. A bit of trivia here. The theme song(not the version on the show) was originally written and recorded by a relatively obscure band called Big Star. At some point in the series Cheap Trick did the version of the same song for the show.

Edited by New_World_Man, 07 December 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#424 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 70352 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

211)   Alaister Cooke's America

I don't exactly remember it all that well, so maybe I'd find the political leanings of the show (if any, I really don't remember it all that well) not necessarily coincident with mine (and who knows, maybe they would), but as a 9 or 10 year old kid, this show was a great introduction to American history.

#425 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10912 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

201) St. Elsewhere (LABT)
202) Angie Tribeca (KenJennings)
203) 203) Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet ( HemiBeers )
204) The Goldbergs (Rushian King)
205) Medium (New World Man)
206) Oz ( Lucas )
207) Wonder Woman ( Rushian King )
208) American Masters ( Rushian King )
209) American Experience ( Rushian King )
210) That 70s Show ( New World Man )
211) Alaister Cooke's America ( Laughed At By Time )

212) Jack Horkheimer's Star Hustler / Star Gazer ( Lucas )

PBS' astronomy series starring Jack Horkheimer - each ep was never longer than 10 minutes, but the show is still running after 41 years on the air ..... Great memories of this show, as it was usually the last thing on the air before the test pattern was put up and for Tomita's incredible performance of Arabesque #1 as the theme music ...

Geared towards kids, the Star Hustler name was changed to Star Gazer in 1997 with the advent of the internet, and some misguided searches on the web :lol:

#426 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:04 PM

View PostLucas, on 08 December 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Never heard of this. Pretty sure my PBS doesn't have this on. It sounds good.

#427 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

213-- The Walking Dead (2010-present). It's not a great show, or very often very good, but I like it well enough to never miss an episode.

#428 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 70352 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

214--Cavemen (LABT)

Described as a buddy comedy, it edges out Friends in the rankings of that genre by virtue of its shorter run.

#429 KenJennings

KenJennings

Mr. Establishment

• Members *
  • 19737 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 AM

201) St. Elsewhere (LABT)
202) Angie Tribeca (KenJennings)
203) Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet ( HemiBeers )
204) The Goldbergs (Rushian King)
205) Medium (New World Man)
206) Oz ( Lucas )
207) Wonder Woman ( Rushian King )
208) American Masters ( Rushian King )
209) American Experience ( Rushian King )
210) That 70s Show ( New World Man )
211) Alaister Cooke's America ( LABT )
213) The Walking Dead (Rushian King)
214) Cavemen (LABT)

215) America's Test Kitchen (KenJennings)

My all time favorite cooking show. I was extremely disappointed when Chris Kimball left the program after last season, but the show is very instructive and demonstrative on how to actually cook. This isn't one of the personality/drama driven 'cooking game shows' that the Food Network is so obsessed with these days; it's a real, no nonsense, learn-to-cook show. I love that their recipes are all tested by a tasting panel, and painstakingly perfected through trial and error. Their ingredient taste tests and kitchen gadget reviews are also very helpful in elevating a home cook's skills.

Edited by KenJennings, Yesterday, 08:41 AM.

#430 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7054 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 AM

216) Sledge Hammer! (Stormtron)

Seeing Police Squad! and Angie Tribeca on the list reminded me of this show. It didn't last long, but it was funny as f**k.

#431 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1551 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

217-- The Flash (2014-present). Another show that's not the greatest but I find entertaining for the most part (except when they do the relationship stuff as is expected for a CW show). In a nice touch, the actor who played The Flash in the short-lived 90s show occasionally appears as an alternate Earth Flash on this one. By far the best CW DC Comics show.

#432 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

218) Blue Bloods

One of my favorite shows from the last few years. Not just another cop show in that it actually gets you to think. A very good show with good stories and a lot going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users