Open Auditions for Neil's replacement.

edhunter

Ok, so not really. But if there were, would anyone here have the balls to show up? This is a blind audition. Geddy and Alex will pick solely by ability, not name recognition.

Same for Alex or Geddy. If either of them broke their fingers and could not play again, would you go to a blind audition?

Once upon a time, before psoriatic arthritis permanently bent 2 fingers on my left hand, I may have tried a bass audition. Now theres not enough fluidity in my finger movement.

Who here has the goods?

• Like 1

Ok, so not really. But if there were, would anyone here have the balls to show up? This is a blind audition. Geddy and Alex will pick solely by ability, not name recognition.

Same for Alex or Geddy. If either of them broke their fingers and could not play again, would you go to a blind audition?

Once upon a time, before psoriatic arthritis permanently bent 2 fingers on my left hand, I may have tried a bass audition. Now theres not enough fluidity in my finger movement.

Who here has the goods?

I'd have happily given it a shot back when I was in my Austin-based Rush tribute band (though I would have stood no chance of getting the gig), but now I can't even play the intro to TSOR without embarrassing myself.

• Like 2

Wouldn't try put for Alex's position, but with a lot of pre-practice, reckon I could have an outside shot at Geddys basswork...of course they'd still need a keyboard player and a singer, so nah really.........

The drummer in my Rush tribute band put together a video mashup of his favourite parts. I'm pretty sure he'd have the balls to show up, though he'd need a few days to recover :codger: .

As for me, I would never have the guts to show up for for an Alex audition. Not in a million years. :notworthy:

https://youtu.be/EpsDjEriJ9k

That was fun to watch.
  • Like 1

One minor quibble: Neil could never be replaced, he could only be succeeded.
  • Like 1

At this point, maybe Ged and Al are the ones who should be doing the auditioning. :D-13:

Who here has the goods?

This OP was unintentionally poignant.

Who here has the goods?

100%

Edited to say I would want at least a month to prepare!!!

Edited by chemistry1973