Your bottom 3 Rush albums?

Texas King

Your bottom 3 Rush albums?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Your bottom 3 Rush albums?

2. 2. How do you feel about those 3 albums?

• I still like them, but they are my least faves.
    • I just don't care for them.
    • I don't like them.
    • I hate them!

My shock moment was when they released Ghost of a Chance as a single. I remember thinking imagine if that was your introduction to Rush!

The reality is that Roll the Bones was one of their most successful albums in terms of sales and radio play, and it brought in a lot of next generation fans. Lovers of the prog era might be surprised by that, but it's true.

I remember talking to a young sailor (I was in the Navy, this is not some strange admission of some sort) in the early '90s about music. He was an avid Rush fan, introduced to the band by Roll the Bones. I smiled and nodded politely, thinking he must have been dropped on his head as a kid, but now I can appreciate where he was coming from, even if I don't share his enthusiasm.

My shock moment was when they released Ghost of a Chance as a single. I remember thinking imagine if that was your introduction to Rush!

The reality is that Roll the Bones was one of their most successful albums in terms of sales and radio play, and it brought in a lot of next generation fans. Lovers of the prog era might be surprised by that, but it's true.

I remember talking to a young sailor (I was in the Navy, this is not some strange admission of some sort) in the early '90s about music. He was an avid Rush fan, introduced to the band by Roll the Bones. I smiled and nodded politely, thinking he must have been dropped on his head as a kid, but now I can appreciate where he was coming from, even if I don't share his enthusiasm.

Probably their most "accessible" album.

Roll The Bones and Presto.

Vapor Trails had a few good songs. That or Test for Echo don’t rate high. But there are several albums that did not work for me past two songs. Some albums are entertaining despite having no top 10 songs.

Its odd but when I am not obsessing over Rush I enjoy the "lesser" albums a lot. But as soon as I am fanatically into them, those albums sound bad and things like 2112, Hems, CoS and others seem like the greatest ever.

Right now I am obsessed with Snakes And Arrows, Grace, Presto, RTB but give it a while I wonder if I will be back into Rush and listening to those initial albums with awe again.

I realised my issue with Hemispheres is my own current lack of appreciation for longer songs, because I am sure when I get back to prog (which I am itching too as its the time of year I most listen to rock/metal) I will really love it.

Test for Echo - I think this is the least inspired they've ever sounded. The songs might not be as bad as some on Roll the Bones, but at least I can remember how bad Face Up is.

Roll the Bones - I like a few songs somewhat, but this is the only album where I straight up dislike almost everything.

Presto - I know it has a lot of fans here and I get it...let's just say it's not for me. Way too consistently wimpy and nothing much that I really love about Rush in the songs. It's like watching Clint Eastwood cry or something. To end on a positive note, I will say that I like Chain Lightning.

That's the same as me. :hail:

• Like 1

The First 3

After seeing who everyone else voted for...

I was reminded why I don't do Rush boards.

Well, off you go, then. I can’t say we’ve missed you!

• Like 1