2017-18 Football/Soccer thread

blackhawkrush

France winning it all makes more sense than any of the other three options left on the table. I'm still hoping for some magic coming out of Belgium in that semifinal. Croatia seems to be running out of gas, barely getting by lesser opponents. England is fortunate to have had a relatively easy road to the last four, which should make them a more rested team. France-England in the final, although I'm hoping it ends up the other way round.
  • Like 1

Belgium was supposed to take over from Spain, after they're done winning championships. Six years in the making, and it's still not happening for them. And France, they're doing better than Napoleon, despite Giroud having a terrible tournament. Your no.9 is doing absolutely nothing out there, and you're in the Final. Unreal.

4E18E91E00000578-5939247-Rafaella_Szabo_the_wife_of_Axel_Witsel_of_Belgium_blows_a_kiss_a-a-47_1531260806683.jpg

I take it she's awaiting Trump's visit? ;) No golden shower this time, I trust... :hail:

Nah she's the girlfriend of one of the Belgian players. That's some kind of alternative Belgium shirt.

Looking at the kid, I'm guessing she's Fellaini's girlfriend. Same Sideshow Bob hair style.
  • Like 1

4E18E91E00000578-5939247-Rafaella_Szabo_the_wife_of_Axel_Witsel_of_Belgium_blows_a_kiss_a-a-47_1531260806683.jpg

I take it she's awaiting Trump's visit? ;) No golden shower this time, I trust... :hail:

Nah she's the girlfriend of one of the Belgian players. That's some kind of alternative Belgium shirt.

Looking at the kid, I'm guessing she's Fellaini's girlfriend. Same Sideshow Bob hair style.

it's actually Rafaella Szabo, the wife of Axel Witsel. So you're right, just the wrong afro guy!

• Like 1

it's actually Rafaella Szabo, the wife of Axel Witsel. So you're right, just the wrong afro guy!

Well, she should divorce him after today's performance. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

And not only Witsel. De Bruyne was invisible for most of the match. Hazard tried his best, but just couldn't find contact with his teammates. I think Martinez letting Chadli start was a mistake. Maybe he felt he could get some more magic out of him after the Japan game. Mertens could only offer crosses that went nowhere, and Lukaku had a Lewandowski-type game, which only spelled failure.
  • Like 1

We have YouTube Tv streaming service, which I have loved until today! The whole network went down for an hour in the middle of the Croatia-England game. :banghead: Luckily we get Fox through an antenna as well. Edited by blueschica

It's not coming home

It's not coming home

Footballs not coming home!

Ya f***ing beauty!!! Get it right up ye England!

Well done Croatia!!

• Like 1

We had three outlets broacasting on Directv; Fox, Telemundo, and NBC Sports, who was also carrying the Telemundo feed. Saw the entire game despite multiple thunderstorms in the area. Not bad considering the dicey weather

England beat a bunch of crap teams, Tunisia (just), Colombia (barely), Panama and Sweden. Why did anyone think they were any good? The only difference between this England team and the last few was a lucky draw.
  • Like 1

England beat a bunch of crap teams, Tunisia (just), Colombia (barely), Panama and Sweden. Why did anyone think they were any good? The only difference between this England team and the last few was a lucky draw.

Stick to listening to Camp Metal.

Stick to listening to Camp Metal.

It's nothing but the truth.

Well done Croatia, the much better team, perhaps 50/50 for the first half but they really wasted England. It's gonna take some time to build this project, obviously. I know I'm 1000% behind them for the final. No to France, no no no!