Equifax Bastards...check yo self before Equifax wrex yo self

JohnRogers

So your link is to the very place you're complaining about? What's WRONG with you? Didn't eat your WHEATIES today? JEEZ. :rage: :oops:

http://i.imgur.com/lOqHQ2p.gif?2

I saw that yesterday morning. What does it mean? Is that for those who do online banking and things like that?

It means if you've ever had a credit card, a mortgage or a car loan, there's a better than 50% chance your SSN# and other personal info has been stolen and is available for sale somewhere.

• Like 1

I saw that yesterday morning. What does it mean? Is that for those who do online banking and things like that?

It means if you've ever had a credit card, a mortgage or a car loan, there's a better than 50% chance your SSN# and other personal info has been stolen and is available for sale somewhere.

It pays to be poor sometimes. :cheers:

It pays to be poor sometimes. :cheers:

Besides, if anyone would be foolish enough to pay to be me, they can have the info. :laughing guy:

My info came back as 'possibly compromised'. I ran a credit check and I'm good. It said my email was found on the dark web but everything else is ok.

I read an article that you can make up a name and ssn and it will still come back with the compromised message.

SOOOOOO

Equifax f'd up and now they want me to by their monitoring ( after one year ). They are making $$$ off their mistake.

crap

Glad I don't have any of those things....

http://i.imgur.com/g7rMhTd.gif

Why does it want my surname and Social Security number before getting started?

To determine if your identity is at risk.

Anyone asks for my SSN right off, gets a HEAPING PILE OF SHIT to munch on...http://i.imgur.com/xa6dSSB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/qtARwcZ.gif

Why does it want my surname and Social Security number before getting started?

To determine if your identity is at risk.

Anyone asks for my SSN right off, gets a HEAPING PILE OF SHIT to munch on...http://i.imgur.com/xa6dSSB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/qtARwcZ.gif

ThTs the funny thing, I promise you that you never have equinox your number directly.

My info came back as 'possibly compromised'. I ran a credit check and I'm good. It said my email was found on the dark web but everything else is ok.

I read an article that you can make up a name and ssn and it will still come back with the compromised message.

SOOOOOO

Equifax f'd up and now they want me to by their monitoring ( after one year ). They are making $$$ off their mistake.

crap

Mine came back likely compromised, my wife's didn't.

Not necessarily true, I don't think.

After the initial story I saw on the news this week (NBC Nightly), where they said 143 million people had their personal information stolen, 'including credit card numbers'...I read in a newspaper article that only 209,000 people (ha! Only...yeah, but still, it's an infinitesimal number compared to 143,000,000) had their credit card numbers stolen. That's 0.146 of 1% of the total. And this happened from mid-May to mid-July this year, and was discovered at the end of July- yet that information did not make it to the public until September.

Panic in the streets, mass hysteria...whatever.

My credit/fraud protection, on all sides, has always been very good. And I haven't been alerted to anything recently. Nothing has been compromised.

Maybe I should just count myself lucky. :huh: But I think there are many, may more people who are in the same boat, than not.

• Like 1

The credit card that were compromised were for people who were challenging credit card companies on their credit report. If you have never challenged something on your credit report then your credit cards are fine.

But if you pull a credit report you will find that the major bureaus have your SS#, likely every address you ever lived at, the name of any banks you keep money with, your birthday.....pretty much anything an identity thief would need to open lines of credit in your na

I keep my credit frozen so no one can pull a report and open a line of credit, including me. I recommend this as a solution since credit monitoring will only notify you but will not stop someone from opening accounts in your name, it only lasts for a year but your data will be on the web forever, and signing up for it may take away your ability to be a part of any class action law suits. Basically the credit monitoring is a CYA for them now that they have basically hosed 2/3rds of the adult population of the country.

I've read all the posts on here. I've got a ton of experience with this so listen up. Actually I'm an expert in this field.

It's about your personal information being compromised.

Your credit cards really don't matter. Credit card companies absorb CC fraud. It's about your personal information that will be used in the future.

All adults need to have some type of credit monitoring and ID Theft protection...monitoring isn't enough though. About 4 years ago Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield had a breach that claimed 80 million SSN's and personal info. That breach is STILL the gift that keeps on giving in the ID Theft Protection industry.

This breach was twice as big.

• Like 3