• Great
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Awful
  3. 3. Living Colour

• Great
    • they're great, that's undeniable
    • I refuse to believe your truth, they're bad.

Living Color have released a brand new studio album entitled "Shade" this week. Now, blasphemous as it may be, I have never really listened to Living Colour aside from Cult Of Personality. However, I've taken it upon myself to listen to one new album each day, and today it was Living Color's latest release. So far this thing sounds like a funky beast that rocks my head off like it's still 1990. Yes there is some swearing, as well as a cover of an old rap song. However, I truly believe this album is great and is worth checking out if you enjoy rock and roll...like at all.

Here's a song from it called program:

https://youtu.be/88uc5fzh__0

• Like 2

Yeah, the debut is perfection.

Time's Up, though a rung lower, is still a good album.

I wasn't a fan of Stain, was just a bit bored by it.

I haven't heard anything after that.

With now only 6 albums in 29 years, they're far from being prolific. But they're an awesome awesome band to see in concert. Or, at least they were. I haven't seen them since the Time's Up tour. King's X as the opening act. Probably THE best combo of an opener and headlining act I've ever seen.

• Like 3

Living Color have released a brand new studio album entitled "Shade" this week. Now, blasphemous as it may be, I have never really listened to Living Colour aside from Cult Of Personality. However, I've taken it upon myself to listen to one new album each day, and today it was Living Color's latest release. So far this thing sounds like a funky beast that rocks my head off like it's still 1990. Yes there is some swearing, as well as a cover of an old rap song. However, I truly believe this album is great and is worth checking out if you enjoy rock and roll...like at all.

Thank for posting this ep

Program is really good - I like it a lot

• Like 1

Thank for posting this ep

Program is really good - I like it a lot

You're welcome! :haz:

• Like 1

Holy Shit! I'm bumping this poll back up to the top! I am cranking the new album now. Only half way through and it's their best album since "VIVID." "VIVID" is a perfect masterpiece for me. LOVE IT!

But they yes I think they went downhill for many moons.

I thought "Time's Up" was going to be great. It was a sophomore slump cd pump release.

I have every Living Colour record as I will always support this incredible kick ass band.

I think "SHADE" is now in my TOP 3 OF 2017 BEST ALBUMS!! SORRY STEVEN WILSON! YOU ARE OUT!

ACCEPT

STYX

LIVING COLOUR!

• Like 2

Reid is one bad mutha trucker! Kicks ASS on the guitar! LOVE HIM! Will is a fuckking great drummer! I LOVE THIS BAND!

Looks like they're in the UK this month and next, stopping by treeduck's town on the 30th. Lucky! I'd see them again in a heartbeat.

A few years ago, Corey Glover had a guest appearance with Galactic (another fun band to check out live btw) here in Osaka. So, I went to the venue (a very small, cool place that I've been dozens of times) but when I showed up, the venue had relocated. So, I dashed on over to the other part of town where the new venue was. Found it with 15-20 minutes to spare! Whew! I went to the door and saw a poster for some shitty j-pop singer performing that night! WTF?!!

They had advertised the wrong damn date for Galactic & Glover!!!

I could've strangled the club owner!

:fury:

• Like 2

Reid is one bad mutha trucker! Kicks ASS on the guitar! LOVE HIM! Will is a fuckking great drummer! I LOVE THIS BAND!

Looks like they're in the UK this month and next, stopping by treeduck's town on the 30th. Lucky! I'd see them again in a heartbeat.

A few years ago, Corey Glover had a guest appearance with Galactic (another fun band to check out live btw) here in Osaka. So, I went to the venue (a very small, cool place that I've been dozens of times) but when I showed up, the venue had relocated. So, I dashed on over to the other part of town where the new venue was. Found it with 15-20 minutes to spare! Whew! I went to the door and saw a poster for some shitty j-pop singer performing that night! WTF?!!

Bummer!!! I´ve never hear anything like this...I´d be so pissed off!!!

I heard the new song, and it´s not too bad. Their last two or three albums have been a huge disappointment, but live they still put on a hell of a show.

Bummer!!! I´ve never hear anything like this...I´d be so pissed off!!!

Japan!

Shade is their best effort since Stain (which I'm grateful to have enjoyed for 24 years now). Vivid was a masterpiece at the time it was released and most of the tracks still hold up today, almost 30 years later.

My favorites thus far are Always Wrong, Program, Who's That (great take on a classic blues form), and Inner City Blues. Many of the other tracks are solid and some have great moments. Just a very well done album overall. Excited to have some new LC to sink my teeth into after many years of disappointment with their newer material.

• Like 3

This sounds promising:

http://prophetsofrage.com/

Prophets of Rage is an American rap rock supergroup. Formed in 2016, the group consists of three members of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave (bassist and backing vocalist Tim Commerford, guitarist Tom Morello, and drummer Brad Wilk), two members of Public Enemy (DJ Lord and rapper Chuck D), and rapper B-Real of Cypress Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc3waP7syjk

• Like 2

This sounds promising:

Prophets of Rage is an American rap rock supergroup. Formed in 2016, the group consists of three members of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave (bassist and backing vocalist Tim Commerford, guitarist Tom Morello, and drummer Brad Wilk), two members of Public Enemy (DJ Lord and rapper Chuck D), and rapper B-Real of Cypress Hill.

Holy shit the Prophets of Rage album is really good, classic RAtM with some very welcome new vocalists/styles. I feel like I've long outgrown this type of music, but certainly excellent guilty pleasure material for me.

This sounds promising:

Holy shit the Prophets of Rage album is really good, classic RAtM with some very welcome new vocalists/styles. I feel like I've long outgrown this type of music, but certainly excellent guilty pleasure material for me.

Nah! This song is slow and cliche. Black Lives Matter Machine. Is Tom Morello on guitar? Fukk this shit. Give me some BAD BRAINS or FISHBONE!

I'll take RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE over this unoriginal fodder.

Give me "GOD FODDER" by Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

KILL YOUR TELEVISION KIDS!

KILL YOUR FUCKINGG COMPUTER TOO!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666